Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Connected Technologies Project Manager
at Johnson Controls.
What you will do
Under general direction, responsible for the profitable execution of assigned Equipment Major Projects. Works with Owner and Construction sales managers and branch installation manager and teams as needed to provide sales support activities early in the TAS and development process to provide input on strategy, vendor / partner's selection, scope enhancements, value engineering, risk assessment etc. as needed. Ensures that assigned projects are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract. Maintains positive cash flow. Actively pursues selling change orders. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Adheres and ensures Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards. Responsible for following consistent and repeatable project management procedures and processes. Maintains an effective balance between customer satisfaction and project financial results.
How you will do it
1. Acts as the primary Internal Lead for execution teams on assigned projects. Will interface with, and provide direction to various teams (internal and external) as needed to successfully execute the equipment project. Develops project schedules, coordinates the various team's assignments and commitments and executes according to plan for assigned projects.
2. Supports Projects Engineers and System Application Engineers in evaluating the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and / or scheduling changes. Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Performs associated cost estimates, prepares proposals and negotiates final settlement price and customer acceptance.
3. Manages costs, billings and collections. Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
4. Reviews and interprets contract Terms and Conditions.
5. Analyzes financial reporting systems and project schedules to proactively address potential problems. Effectively communicates project progress, issues and financial status to management as required.
6. Manages risks and establishes project recovery plans when required. Resolves disputes with minimal need for escalation.
7. Negotiates, prepares and issues subcontracts on an as needed basis..
8. Ensures project document equipment are in compliance with contract requirements and JCI standards.
9. Oversees project for compliance with specifications, local codes and installation techniques.
10. Manages the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned adequately ensuring manufacturing lead time is properly accounted for and managed.
11. Coordinates with the Regional Installation Manager, Branch Equipment Installation Manager and Equipment Team Leader for allocation of resources needed to meet project objectives. Ensures any engineering and commissioning performed by the field team is in accordance with established standards. Facilitates escalation of product related problems.
12. Assists Area Equipment Sales Manager and / or branch sales in project development efforts.
13. For select bundled projects, may interface with HVAC Controls or Mechanical Team Leaders as needed to successfully deliver to the customer's expectations.
What we look for
• Bachelor's degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture or an Associate's Degree with equivalent work related experience
• Minimum of five years of direct project management experience in the Building Construction Industry.
• Management experience with projects related to Management & Manufacturing of HVAC Equipment.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
• Ability to travel on occasion. Will support major equipment projects in the following geographical areas; Chicago, Midwest, Upper Midwest and Great Lakes. This will vary on project needs. Individual will also work closely with York Factory in York PA.
• Proficient in Project Management software and financial accounting systems.
• Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, power point), Adobe Writer, Visio and basic Windows environment. Johnson Controls Yorkworks software experience preferred but not required.
• Projects may exist outside of assigned geography.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.