Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Johnson Controls.
What you will love about Johnson Controls:
We've been dedicated to protecting the environment since our invention of the electric thermostat in 1885, which provided a fundamental shift in the energy efficiency of buildings. Now, all over the world, our products and services employer customers and communities to consume less energy and conserve resources.
• Global, innovative, industry leader
• Embraces diversity
• Growth opportunities abound
• Fast paced, evolving company, always learning, always adapting
• Great benefits; including Healthcare related wellness discounts, great 401k match, company funded retirement program, vacation, sick time, floating holidays and national holidays
In the Buildings, Technologies and Solutions business unit, the Global Procurement Product Business team is responsible for partnering with leaders across the 10 Product Business Units (PBU's) to align strategic business needs with supply solutions, optimize day-to-day supply-base performance; and optimize the selection of suppliers and products for New Product Introduction (NPI) programs.
What you will do:
You are responsible for all operational and advanced procurement activities within the given sub-commodities while ensuring compliance with overall JCI objectives, strategies and BOS procedures. You are also responsible for the management of all suppliers within the commodity group.
How you will do it:
- Manages assigned suppliers / commodities to ensure ongoing supply and appropriate pricing
- Issues and manages purchase orders to support manufacturing and engineering material requirements
- Pursues cost savings opportunities through collaboration with supplier representatives, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, and others to support Company cost goals
- Investigates, develops and obtains quotations from suppliers
- Collects, analyzes and recommends solutions to quality problems on purchased materials.
- Plans and prioritizes activities, suggests and implements process improvements
- Provides measurement and reporting of program performance
- Supports new product development activities
- Sets standard costs
- Conducts quoting activities to ensure best total cost for assigned commodities.
- Takes actions needed to assure on-time supplier delivery of required goods
- Evaluates market conditions and recommends alternate courses of action if necessary
- Advises management of improvements on materials and equipment, price changes, marketing changes and source changes
- Interviews suppliers representatives and investigates new sources of supply for assigned purchased materials
- Supports Company's initiatives for achieving Supplier Business Diversity goals
- Supports commodity cost reduction, lead time reduction and supplier consolidation projects.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, a related area, or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years of progressive purchasing or production inventory control experience required.
- Commodity knowledge in mechanical and/or electrical components preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical and communication skills-both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Spanish speaking abilities preferred.
- CPSM certified candidates preferred.
- Position requires 30% travel.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.