Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Personal Care Worker (with consumer)
at Independence First
Position Summary: Personal Care Worker provides personal care services to consumer(s) of IndependenceFirst. Personal Care Worker is directly supervised by the Care Coordinator and the consumer(s) for whom they provide personal care services.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Assisting consumer with getting in and out of bed.
- Assisting consumer with toileting/incontinent care
- Assisting consumer with bathing or showering
- Assistance with eating.
- Assistance with grooming to include mouth, denture, hair, shaving and nail care.
- Assistance with dressing and undressing.
- Care of eyeglasses and hearing aids.
- Assistance with mobility and ambulation including use of gait belt, walker or cane.
- Simple transfers including bed to chair or wheel chair and reverse.
- Skin care excluding wound care.
- Meal preparation and serving.
- Light cleaning in areas used during personal care activities.
- Changing of consumer’s bed, washing bed linens and consumer’s personal clothing.
- Completion in a thorough, accurate and timely manner of all time sheets and documentation of consumer’s condition as necessary.
- Keep consumer’s information confidential.
The above listed essential functions and qualifications are not all-inclusive as changes and/or other responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.