Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Independence First
- Job Tracking ID: 512507-681733
- Job Location: Milwaukee, WI
- Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
- Level of Education: High School/GED
- Job Type: Part-Time/Regular
- Date Updated: May 02, 2019
- Years of Experience: Up to 2 Years
- Starting Date: May 20, 2019
Be Part of a Great Team!
IndependenceFirst is looking for awesome people to join our team!
- Employer-matched 403(b) Retirement Account
- Fitness Center On-site
- Annual Flu Shot
I. Position: Office Janitor
II. Status: Part time, Hourly
III. Reports to: Facilities Technician
IV. Position Summary: Ensures the building is clean and well-maintained by sweeping, mopping, vacuuming and dusting/cleaning surfaces, including walls, ceilings, windows, floors and other surfaces.
V. Position Expected Hours of Work: Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm. Occasional weekends.
VI. Essential Functions of the Position:
- Cleaning of general office and public areas including emptying of wastebaskets, vacuuming office areas and offices, removing cobwebs, cleaning interior glass, and dusting tops of cabinets, ledges and base boards.
- Spot cleaning of walls, doorframes. Switch plates, vents and carpets.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of water fountains.
- Cleaning of Restroom areas including, cleaning and disinfecting floors, toilets, seats, fixtures, sinks, urinals and showers, cleaning mirrors, dispensers, doors and handles and stalls, emptying feminine disposal containers and trash receptacles, and dusting stall partitions.
- Refilling toilet paper, hand towels, soap dispensers, hand sanitizer dispensers and urinal blocks.
- Upon request, will stock supplies as directed by the Facilities Technician.
- Cleaning the employee lunchroom/coffee station including, disinfecting table tops and counters, sweeping and mopping the floor, emptying and rinsing coffee posts, wiping insides and outsides of microwaves, removing trash, dusting vending machines and baseboards, spot cleaning cabinets, trash cans, walls, doorframes and switch plates.
- Cleaning copy rooms including, emptying wastebaskets, vacuuming and breaking down empty cardboard boxes and removing to dumpsters.
- Following building recycling procedures (while not disposing of soda cans in dedicated receptacles), and emptying all trash removed to dumpsters.
- Keeps the Facilities Technician informed of any issues or exceptions to the daily process or any maintenance repairs and any supply orders in a prompt manner.
- Provide weekend cleaning as needed or specified by the Facilities Technician.
I. Work Environment
- Work environment is generally performed in an office setting with minimal to moderate noise level.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
Experience and Skills:
I. Professional Qualifications
- High School Diploma or suitable equivalent.
- Basic Math Skills.
- Proficient knowledge of cleaning equipment and agents.
- Resilient to cleaning agents and chemicals.
- Ability to work safely with a variety of cleaning supplies.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to juggle several tasks in one day; must be able to organize time wisely and effectively.
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds, twist, bend and kneel.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively both in writing and verbally.