Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance worker/porter (5th Street Parking Structure)
Impark is one of the largest parking management companies in North America. We have 55 years of experience, and currently operate parking facilities in more than 240 cities across the United States and Canada. Our business continues to prosper and grow. As a result, we are looking for exceptional people to join our workforce. People who are committed, ambitious, and eager to learn. People like you.
Our continued success is driven by our core values, which are:
Be admirable: Always conduct yourself in an honest and professional manner.
Create positive energy: Choose optimism.
Be a trailblazer: Drive innovative ways to achieve growth.
These values guide our actions and keep us on the right path. At Impark, the most successful people are those individuals who integrate these beliefs into their actions at work, and incorporate them into everyday behavior.
We are a seeking a Part-Time maintenance worker/porter to join our Milwaukee, WI Team. This role will report to the Assistant Garage Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the overall cleanliness of the interior and exterior of the 5th Street Parking Structure next to the Fiserv Forum.
The ideal candidate must be available to work a flexible schedule, which will mostly include evenings and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet every guest with a friendly, helpful and courteous attitude
- General Cleaning, trash pick-up
- Light & Medium duty maintenance work including but not limited to:
- Vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of elevators & garage lighting
- Pressure washing, power sweeping, painting, landscaping & basic repair
- Snow removal & Plowing
- Operation of the following tools and machinery:
- General tools
- Pressure Washer
- Riding power-sweeper
- Resolve conflict and solve problems within tight deadlines
- Ensure that all safety standards are maintained
- Report concerns, problems, and questions to the Assistant Garage Manager
- Adhere to all client specific policies and procedures as well as Impark’s Employee Handbook policies and procedures.
- Maintains open lines of communication with the manager
- Starts each shift in full uniform and while on duty, looks professional and well-groomed at all times
- A passion for change and a desire to grow within an expanding and evolving organization
- Enthusiasm for ongoing, learning, coaching and training
- Complete all Impark paperwork/documents accurately and neatly.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- 1 year general maintenance experience
- 1 season snow plowing experience
- 1 year of customer service experience
- High school diploma/GED
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a maintenance role
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to meet deadlines
- Take pride in their work with a high level of integrity
- This position requires the ability to report to work on-time for each scheduled shift and employee must work for the duration of the scheduled shift.
- Ability to provide only exceptional customer service to all customers, employees and clients utilizing Impark’s services.
- Must have an open availability schedule (to include some evenings and weekends)
- Must have great attention for details, and will consistently provide clear and accurate information when asked
- Must be able to write and verbally communicate in English
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize multiple tasks on an ongoing basis
- Must be very organized
- Customer service background would be an asset
- Microsoft Excel and Office 365 skills beneficial but not required
- Able to walk, stand for extended periods of time
- Able to bend, crouch, reach
- Able to use stairs when required
- Must be able to lift up to 80lbs
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs
- Must be 18+ years old
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record
If you describe yourself as a team player, enthusiastic, possess a high level of integrity and the willingness to make a significant contribution, we invite you to apply for this opportunity.
Impark is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with a Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity