Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineering Systems Technician Intern
at Ideal Industries
- # of Openings
Summer 2020 Internship!
Cree Lighting is an LED lighting pioneer known for being first – first to bring LED lighting to the masses, first to deliver no compromise white light, and first to offer a sensor-integrated intelligent lighting platform with the push of a button. Our innovative LED solutions are designed for indoor, outdoor and intelligent lighting applications. Our cutting-edge technology delivers reliable performance and value beyond light for office and industrial buildings, schools and universities, municipalities, automotive dealerships, healthcare facilities, and more.
The Cree Lighting team is committed to transforming the way people experience light through innovative technology and future-ready intelligence platforms that help make buildings more efficient and businesses more profitable. Join our team to be at the forefront of a dynamic industry positioned at the center of the commercial IoT revolution.
The Engineering Systems Intern will help to support the software and systems used by the Research & Development, Manufacturing and Quality departments. The intern will be required to assist end users; helping to resolve issues and answer questions. The intern will interact with users in Racine, WI and Durham, NC face to face, over the phone, via instant message or email.
- Create/Update user accounts in various business/engineering systems
- Troubleshoot performance on engineering workstations
- Assist users with software errors/questions
- SharePoint administration
- Perform administrator functions in various business systems.
- Install/Maintain engineering software
- DBWorks (engineering document management)
- SolidWorks – (3D mechanical CAD)
- OrCAD – (Electrical CAD)
- LightTools (optical simulation)
- LabView (tester programming)
- ProSource (light source simulation)
- Enrollment in an accredited collegiate program
- Maintains a 3.0 GPA or above
- Familiarity with PC hardware (laptops and desktops)
- Familiarity with Windows 7 and Windows 10 Operating Systems.
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of SQL database structure (or an interest in learning some SQL)