Horizon Retail Construction, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Coordinator - Entry Level
at Horizon Retail Construction, Inc.
- Sturtevant, WI, USA
- Full Time
Horizon Retail Construction is a nationwide general contractor that has been in business in Racine, Wisconsin since 1993. We provide general contracting services to some of the largest, most successful tenants in the United States including Victorias Secret, Footlocker, Coach, T-Mobile, Best Buy, Mens Warehouse, Walgreens, Lego, Michael Kors, Bath & Body Works, H&R Block, Kayes Jewelers, Arby's & Chipotle, to name a few.
The Horizon Retail Construction Team of professionals provides quality tenant improvement to a broad range of commercial clients. The clients we serve encompass various industries including retail, restaurant, financial, healthcare, concessions, and hospitality. Horizon performs construction services in regional malls, lifestyle centers, strip centers, hotels, office buildings, airports and more. We are licensed, bonded, registered and work in all 50 states. Horizon Retail Construction is committed to providing the best service at the most reasonable cost to all our customers.
Horizon Retail Construction has been in business for 24 years. Horizon was started with three office employees and 10 Field Superintendents. Our business philosophy was embraced by our customers and our business grew considerably every year. By the year 2000, Horizon Retail Construction's staff consisted of 39 office employees and 83 Superintendents working throughout the United States. At the close of 2016, Horizon's staff included 120 office employees in Sturtevant (Racine County), Wisconsin and 220 Field Superintendents. The annual revenue generated by Horizon Retail Construction in 2016 exceeded $220 million.
We have an immediate opening for a PROJECT COORDINATOR at our Corporate Headquarters in Sturtevant, Wisconsin.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for assisting the Senior Estimator and Estimator in every aspect of the job, including pre-bid, estimating, and post award stages
Summary of responsibilities:
- Establishes the parameters of a new project by setting up bid work book spreadsheets from an existing template.
- Arranges site surveys, collects and enters data into the system.
- Contacts subcontractors, found in the companies' database or yellow pages, from various trades to bid on projects in specific geographic areas.
- Maintains complete vendor information including all phone numbers, address and e-mail for owners, architects and subs in the company database.
- Assists Estimating by following up with vendors and suppliers to secure pricing.
- Manages bid list to assure that site information, the mall questionnaire, and subcontract bids are complete and compiled prior to bid day.
- Proficient in working with files from the following storage medium formats: diskette, CD-ROM, network shares, e-mail and File Transfer Protocol (FTP) web-sites.
- Works with Reprographics Department personnel or associated OCE software to ensure blueprints are expedited to subcontractors in a timely fashion.
- Expedites post bid award plan details as directed the Estimator.
- Solicits additional subcontractor bids as directed by the Estimator.
To qualify for the position of PROJECT COORDINATOR, we desire:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 6 months of previous related experience and/or previous training is preferred
- Proven, excellent communication, customer service and organization skills
- Enthusiasm and professionalism
Makes customers/clients and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; shows interest in and understanding of the needs and expectations of internal and external customers (including direct reports); gains customer trust and respect; meets or exceeds customer expectations
Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Keeps others informed as appropriate. Demonstrates good written, oral, and listening skills
Planning and Organizing
Organizes work, sets priorities, and determines resources requirements; determines necessary sequence of activities needed to achieve goals.
Participates as an active and contributing member of a team to achieve team goals. Works cooperatively with other team members, involves others, shares information as appropriate, and shares credit for team accomplishments
Takes action without being asked or required to; achieves goals beyond job requirements; being proactive; taking prompt action to accomplish objectives.
Consistently maintains high levels of activity or productivity; sustains long working hours when necessary, works with vigor, effectiveness and determination over a sustained period.
In addition to a casual atmosphere and a great company culture, Horizon offers a competitive benefit package including health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as a flex spending account and a 401(k) with company match.
For additional information on Horizon Retail Construction, Inc. and our clients please visit our website at www.horizonretail.com
Horizon Retail Construction is an Equal Opportuntiy Employer