Horizon Retail Construction, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Coordinator- Entry Level
at Horizon Retail Construction, Inc.
- Sturtevant, WI, USA
- Full Time
We have an immediate opening for an Entry Level PROJECT COORDINATOR at our Corporate Headquarters in Sturtevant, Wisconsin.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for assisting the Senior Estimator and Estimator in every aspect of the job, including pre-bid, estimating, and post award stages. We will train you!
Summary of responsibilities:
- Initial set up of all new bid projects into the estimating department.
- Contacts subcontractors, found in the companies' database or yellow pages, from various trades to bid on projects in specific geographic areas. (Verbal communication and phone skills are a must).
- Maintains complete vendor information including all phone numbers, address and e-mail for owners, architects and subs in the company database.
- Assists Estimating by following up with vendors and suppliers to secure pricing.
- Manages bid list to assure that site information, the mall questionnaire, and subcontract bids are complete and compiled prior to bid day.
- Arranges site surveys, collects and enters data into the system.
- Works with Reprographics Department personnel to ensure blueprints are expedited to subcontractors in a timely fashion.
- Expedites post bid award plan details as directed the Estimator.
- Solicits additional subcontractor bids as directed by the Estimator.
- Proficient in working with excel, PDF's, SAGE, in addition to creating/sending files from the following storage medium formats: diskette, network shares, e-mail and File Transfer Protocol (FTP) web-sites.
To qualify for the position of an Entry Level PROJECT COORDINATOR, we desire:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 6 months of previous related experience and/or previous training is preferred
- Proven, excellent communication, customer service and organization skills
- Enthusiasm and professionalism
Makes customers/clients and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; shows interest in and understanding of the needs and expectations of internal and external customers (including direct reports); gains customer trust and respect; meets or exceeds customer expectations.
Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Keeps others informed as appropriate. Demonstrates good written, oral, and listening skills.
Planning and Organizing
Organizes work, sets priorities, and determines resources requirements; determines necessary sequence of activities needed to achieve goals.
Participates as an active and contributing member of a team to achieve team goals. Works cooperatively with other team members, involves others, shares information as appropriate, and shares credit for team accomplishments
Takes action without being asked or required to; achieves goals beyond job requirements; being proactive; taking prompt action to accomplish objectives.
Consistently maintains high levels of activity or productivity; sustains long working hours when necessary, works with vigor, effectiveness and determination over a sustained period.
Horizon Retail Construction is a nationwide general contractor that has been in business in Racine, Wisconsin since 1993. We provide general contracting services to some of the largest, most successful tenants in the United States including Victorias Secret, Footlocker, Coach, T-Mobile, Best Buy, Mens Warehouse, Walgreens, Michael Kors, Bath & Body Works, H&R Block, Kay's Jewelers, Arby's, Chipotle, and more.
In addition to a casual atmosphere and a great company culture, Horizon offers a competitive benefit package including health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as a flex spending account and a 401(k) with company match. There is also opportunity for advancement. Become a part of a winning team!
For additional information on Horizon Retail Construction, Inc. and our clients please visit our website at www.horizonretail.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer