Horizon Retail Construction, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Horizon Retail Construction, Inc.
- Sturtevant, WI, USA
- Full Time
Horizon Retail Construction is a nationwide general contractor that has been in business in Racine, Wisconsin since 1993. We provide general contracting services to some of the largest, most successful tenants in the United States.
The Horizon Retail Construction Team of professionals provides quality tenant improvement to a broad range of commercial clients. The clients we serve encompass various industries including retail, restaurant, financial, healthcare, concessions, and hospitality. Horizon performs construction services in regional malls, lifestyle centers, strip centers, hotels, office buildings, airports and more. We are licensed, bonded, registered and work in all 50 states. Horizon Retail Construction is committed to providing the best service at the most reasonable cost to all our customers. Repeat Clients include Walgreens, Footlocker, Victorias Secret, Coach, Bath & Body Works, Mens Warehouse, Arbys, Chipotle, Starbucks, H&R Block, Edward Jones and Planet Fitness to name a few. For a more extensive Repeat Client list please visit our website at www.horizonretail.com
Horizon Retail Construction has been in business for 24 years. Horizon was started with three office employees and 10 Field Superintendents. Our business philosophy was embraced by our customers and our business grew considerably every year. By the year 2000, Horizon Retail Construction's staff consisted of 39 office employees and 83 Superintendents working throughout the United States. At the close of 2016, Horizon's staff included 120+ office employees in Sturtevant (Racine County), Wisconsin and 220 Field Superintendents located across the US. The annual revenue generated by Horizon Retail Construction in 2016 exceeded $220 million.
Job Summary/Objectives: The Estimator is responsible for developing thorough, accurate and detailed cost estimates for all assigned clients. Each Estimator is also responsible for the supervision and development of a Project Coordinator.
- Perform efficient quantity take-offs for all 16 divisions of work, thoroughly review & analyze site information, geographical consideration & labor parameters resulting in awarded contracts.
- Works with Project Managers to negotiate work, competitively bid projects and follow up on pending projects with established clients.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with: clients, subcontractors, vendors, architects and HRC personnel.
- Analyzes projects on a pre bid basis for strengths, weaknesses (risks), and profitability.
- Review bid plans, specifications and ITBs for scopes of work and trade requirements.
- Timely create and submit detailed RFC/RFI to architect & owner project manager.
- Works closely with Project Coordinators to assure that the proper number of subcontractors are solicited and bids received.
- With assistance from Project Coordinator, obtains pricing from the competitive bid market (trade subcontractors and material suppliers).
- Investigates potential problems and additional costs that may not be evident upon first review of the bid plans.
- Establishes the parameters for bidding individual client concepts by creating & maintaining Excel Blank Workbook.
- Attend local pre-bid meeting and/or personal visits local lease spaces and/or arranges site surveys with an HRC superintendent/sub-contractor.
- Promptly review all Revisions & Addendums, then direct Project Coordinator as to how, what and when to distribute new bid documents to sub-contractors and vendors.
- Thoroughly qualifies proposals from Subcontractors and Vendors to assure accurate & complete client proposal.
- Insures that the bid is submitted on time using the client's preferred transmission media: portal, e-mail, over-night deliver, etc.
- Reports to: Vice President of Pre-Construction
- AAS Degree in Drafting or a construction related field is preferred...
- Previous construction related experience is a preference
- Prior computer experience with Email, Excel, Word and MicroSoft Office Suite
- Prior drafting or AutoCad experience is preferred
- Proven self-starter who is eager to learn about the construction industry...
- Previous estimating experience is a plus...
Visit us online for additional company information at: www.horizonretail.com
Horizon Retail Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer