Horizon Home Care & Hospice
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN - Residential (Hospice Inpatient Units)
at Horizon Home Care & Hospice
Honored to be recognized as a 7-time Top Workplace - APPLY TODAY to join our growing organization!To some people, home is a place. To others, it's a feeling. To us, it's whatever our patients need it to be, wherever they are. Horizon is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and families in offering our wide breadth of services. Our expertise is second to none, allowing us to give our patients the best care available.
Are you an experienced RN who is looking for a flexible and family oriented work environment? At Horizon we pride ourselves on being both patient and employee focused. The Inpatient Hospice units are seeking qualified candidates for internal pool. Our pool nurses are integral to our operation and help cover for unexpected absences, vacancies, and leaves of absence.
We are seeking individuals interested in POOL opportunities on all shifts (Pool requires - 5 shifts/month, two shifts must be a weekend day (i.e. Saturday and/or Sunday)).
- Assume responsibility for care of assigned patients and families during shift, managing both physical and psychosocial needs of both the patient and the family with the help of the supportive inpatient team.
- Participate in both admission and discharge process
- Participate in care meetings or interdisciplinary meetings as required
- Performs physical, psychosocial and spiritual assessments utilizing non-verbalcues and probes or modifies questions to obtain more comprehensive assessments
- Communicates patients and familys expectations of care, goals and comprehensivelearning needs to all members of the health care team
- All documentation is clear, legible, concise, accurate, timely
- Provide services at quality levels consistent with professional standards of practice.Approach patients and families with care, concern and compassion.
Be advised, that while this opportunity is a pool position, you must be available for 3+ weeks and several additional days of Monday-Friday, 1stshift orientation.
- Degree from an Accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred)
- Current WI RN license
- 1-2 years of Hospice, Oncology or related experience
- Experience in the care of the terminally ill; knowledge of Hospice Care
- Hospice certification is required within 18 months of employment
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle