Horizon Home Care & Hospice
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN - Patient Care Coordinator - Horizon Hospice at Froedtert
at Horizon Home Care & Hospice
Honored to be recognized as a 7-time Top Workplace - APPLY TODAY to join our growing organization!To some people, home is a place. To others, it's a feeling. To us, it's whatever our patients need it to be, wherever they are.Horizon is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and families in offering our wide breadth of services. Our expertise is second to none, allowing us to give our patients the best care available.
Horizon Home Care & Hospice has partnered with Froedtert Hospital to offer a unique, award-winning hospice program.
When a patient is unable to be moved out of the hospital setting, this program brings the hospice experience to them, with an emphasis on comfort, dignity, and symptom management.
This role is integral in helping create a feeling of home for patients who have just embarked on their end-of-life journey.
As a Patient Care Coordinator with Horizon Hospice at Froedtert, you will perform referral evaluations, admission assessments, and provide support to both patients and families.
- Collect and submit admissions in a timely fashion that are accurate and complete.
- Ensure goals are clearly delineated and prioritized on the patient plan of care and addressed by all team members
- Ensure plan of care reflects assessment findings to establish appropriate goals / interventions to meet patient needs and that goals are realistic and measurable.
- Case conference with team members occurs regularly which includes creating PCW / HHA Care Plans, initiating and updating Plans in accordance with patient needs and Agency policy.
- Inform physician, clinical manager and interdisciplinary team members of changes in patient status as evidenced by Case Communication documentation.
- Assure appropriate discharge planning occurs from the start of care by utilizing a multidisciplinary approach and appropriate documentation.
Be advised, that while this opportunity is a pool position, you must be available for 3+ weeks and several additional days of Monday-Friday, 1stshift orientation.
- Degree from an Accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred)
- Current WI RN license
- 1-2 years of Hospice, Oncology or related experience
- Experience in the care of the terminally ill; knowledge of Hospice Care
- Hospice certification is required within 18 months of employment
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle