Horizon Home Care & Hospice
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
at Horizon Home Care & Hospice
Honored to be recognized as a 7-time Top Workplace - APPLY TODAY to join our growing organization!To some people, home is a place. To others, it's a feeling. To us, it's whatever our patients need it to be, wherever they are.Horizon is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and families in offering our wide breadth of services. Our expertise is second to none, allowing us to give our patients the best care available.
Horizon Home Care and Hospice is seeking a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant to join our top-notch Rehab team.
As a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant you will perform treatment plans to restore clients function and prevent disability following disease, illness, injury or loss of a body par under the direction of a licensed Occupational Therapist within Racine/Kenosha Counties.
- Implements individualized client treatment programs as directed by the supervising Therapist.
- Utilizes varied treatment approaches, therapeutic equipment and prosthetic/orthotic devices as client condition indicates.
- Provides skilled interventions aimed at achieving realistic outcomes within a specified time period.
- Educates clients and caregivers on client related diagnoses, progress and needs.
- Informs supervising Therapist, client team manager and interdisciplinary team members of changes in client status.
- Coordinates services provided to clients through cooperative care planning with interdisciplinary team members under the supervision of a Therapist.
- Communicates with all individuals caring for the client, including the physician and any other health or social service providers.
- Degree from an NBCOT approved Occupational Therapist Assistant Program
- Current Wisconsin COTA license
- 2 years of clinical experience (health care setting preferred).
- Current and valid Wisconsin Drivers License plus reliable and insured vehicle