Horizon Home Care & Hospice
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accountant (Full-Time) - Join our Dynamic Finance Team!
at Horizon Home Care & Hospice
Can you see yourself at an innovative, evolving not-for-profit that is revolutionizing health care? Horizon, located in Milwaukee, WI, is one of the largest and most respected home care and hospice organizations in Southeastern Wisconsin. Our busy Finance team needs a Full-Time Accountant who can handle a high volume workload with a positive attitude.
Some of the core responsibilities, expected to be done accurately and timely, include:
- Completes monthly account reconciliations timely and efficiently
- Completes the monthly financial statements
- Creates and enters journal entries
- Reviews payroll reports for accuracy during pay weeks (before checks are issued)
- Updates and maintains depreciation schedules
- Prepares audit schedules for financial statement and 403(b) plan audits
- Corrects Mileage Advisor errors monthly
- Completes Enterprise settlements quarterly
- Provides support, training and review to AR/AP and payroll functions
We only hire the best. Is this where you belong?
Associate Degree in Accounting/Business preferred and a minimum of 3-4 years of accounting experience, proficiency with computers, specifically Microsoft Office programs, excellent communication, organization, prioritization and customer service skills.
Horizon Home Care and Hospice is a proud 5-time Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Workplace honoree. We only hire the best. Is this where you belong?
Horizon Home Care and Hospice, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, we maintain an affirmative action program through which we take good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Vietnam era veterans, and other protected veterans.