Hilton Dallas / Park Cities
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intercontinental Milwaukee Clear Lounge Barback 1st & 2nd Shift (Full-time)
at Hilton Dallas / Park Cities
JOB TITLE: Beverage Barback
SUPERVISOR: Director of Outlets
POSITION PURPOSE: Responsible for the initial preparation and servicing of all permanent and portable bars operating within the resort.
- Retrieve orders from storeroom. Visually check stock received against written requisition with storeroom personnel to ensure order is accurate. Upon delivery to the bar, re-check items with bartender for completeness and store items in appropriate places.
- Cut, slice, and peel perishable garnishes and fruits, mix and pour juices in sufficient amounts according to projected business. Store back-up supplies needing refrigeration in prescribed containers for later use.
- Check and assist bartender in maintaining adequate amounts of supplies, i.e., stir sticks, napkins, matches, etc., for both the outlet bar and portable bar service areas.
- Maintain condition and cleanliness of bar areas, beer lockers, and wine refrigeration and storage areas to comply with health code standards.
- Scoop ice from ice bins, transport to service areas and replenish ice containers for usage.
- Box and save empty liquor bottles as they accumulate for later returns and requisitions.
- Transport portable bars and tap units, replace and perform routine maintenance requirements on both units to ensure working order.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by management, e.g., clean guest spills.
- Must be knowledgeable in preparation and service of alcoholic beverages.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to ensure proper delivery amounts, understand portion sizes, and assist with inventory.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use a knife, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, tap kegs, and extend arms overhead to stock items.
- Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient for the associate to understand inquiries from customers and communicate simple instructions.
- Ability to comprehend written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the resort.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on s hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs. at a continuous schedule.
- Ability to perform duties within temperature ranges, from normal to refrigerate.
- No prior experience required. Prior bar experience preferred.
- Ability to obtain any government required license or certificate. Bartender's certificate preferred. TIPS certificate required.
- Adhere to all State, Federal, and corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests to ensure all laws are being followed.