Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Electrical Engineer
Design, develop and support innovative medical products and/or components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability. Apply knowledge of electronic circuit theory to engineering projects and systems. Verify designs and projects conform to required standards. Design responsibility includes concept development, electronic component selection, circuit board layout, testing, troubleshooting and support of design into manufacturing. Strong problem solving skills are required. In addition to technical skills, the prime electrical engineering candidate is able to multi-task while working in a dynamic, high-pressure, team-oriented environment. Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must.
· Create new electronic designs and upgrade existing designs of products to improve cost, efficiency and performance with strong emphasis in analog circuit design
· Design of high speed electronic circuits for medical devices that utilize LCDs, keyboards, WiFi modules and Ethernet; Atmel, Freescale and other processors, DDR memories, Flash, Bluetooth low energy, FPGA's
· Design, test and document products conforming to specifications.
· Verify product designs conform to specified Engineering, National, International and regulatory body standards.
· Design, analyze and test low-power, battery operated, wireless-enabled medical devices
· Provide electrical designs to PCB designers and guide PCB layout.
· Build prototype circuits to determine feasibility for products.
· Confirm system and component capabilities by designing test methodology
· Assures all handoffs from design engineering are completed, designed for manufacturability, testability and that the product is ready to be produced
· Provide technical review of products and proposals developed within engineering.
· Write technical design documentation and procedures.
· Attend and participate in peer review meeting to critique electrical designs.
· Provide scheduling information to management on projects under development.
· Provide technical support to other areas of the company as necessary.
· Good time management skills. Correctly prioritizes their own work and deals well with ambiguity and changing priorities.
· Develop reasonable task estimates and understands risk mitigation
Required Background and Education:
· Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and at least 10 years' experience in electrical engineering or product design.
· Sound understanding of electronic and mechanical product designs.
· Ability to read and follow schematic diagrams and mechanical drawings.
· Able to perform simple circuit simulations
· Experience with ARM microprocessors, CPLD, LCDs, USB, low power and analog design required
· Knowledge of programming languages/hardware description languages (VHDL/Verilog) helpful
· Experience with high speed board design (up to 5 GHz) and high speed interfaces (PCI, USB, DDR) required. Knowledge of EMI/ESD remediation strategies desired
· Experience in high-speed ADC design
· Experience with lab test equipment such as oscilloscopes, network analyzers and EMI chambers desired
· Should have strong understanding of the regulatory certification process and experience designing products to meet regulatory testing standards
· Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· Computer literate with IBM PC systems, demonstrable skills in performing internet searches and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (at least Outlook, Word and Excel).
· Strong attention to details, highly organized, computer literate
· Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment
Hill-Rom is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity