Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Engineering Intern
at Graphic Packaging International Inc.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
OPPORTUNITY: We are seeking candidates to join our Food Service Engineering & Product Development Center as a Mechanical Engineering Intern. We offer outstanding opportunities for Engineering Interns to gain practical experience, apply their academic knowledge to solve industry problems and learn to innovate from a world-class team of engineers.
The Mechanical Engineering Intern will work in the Product Development Center under the supervision of the Product Development Manager on assigned projects. The projects include research & development on proprietary products, testing and benchmarking, developing new test methods and assisting with design of new products and converting equipment. The skills to be learned include - Design of Experiments, domain exposure to paper cup and plastic lid manufacturing, Additive Manufacturing and advanced modeling.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Completion of 2 – 3 years engineering curriculum by Spring 2019 is preferred
- CAD Design Experience – SolidWords Preferred
- Statistical Modeling Experience Preferred
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Good communication skills
- Up to 40 hrs/week. General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- The final schedule to be agreed upon by intern and hiring manager
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Work in areas of fluctuating temperature.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.