Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Graphic Packaging International, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Graphic Packaging Holding Company (NYSE: GPK), is committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a leading global provider of paper-based packaging solutions for a wide variety of products for food, beverage, foodservice and other consumer products companies. We are one of the largest producers of folding cartons and hold a leading market position in solid bleached sulfate, coated unbleached kraft and coated recycled paperboard. Graphic Packaging’s customers include some of the most widely- recognized companies in the world.
We achieve our vision by delivering value to our customers, building a high-performance culture for our employees and creating superior returns for our shareholders. We strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. Graphic Packaging has approximately 17,000 employees working in more than 60 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
MISSION / SUMMARY:
The Menomonee Falls facility is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to help support the manufacturing of paper containers for the Americas Converting Business within Graphic Packaging International (GPI). Outputs include the design mechanical parts, subassemblies and complete machines. Additional outputs will include production support for designed equipment and procurement of components from vendors. They understand and align business operations and Engineering as they execute their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Utilize engineering standards best practices to design parts, subassemblies, and complete custom designed equipment.
- Maintain ownership and support for equipment designed from creation through successful implementation.
- Modify or revise existing equipment designs as needed to improve safety, functionality, and/or performance.
- Direct drafting support as needed to complete detailed documentation.
- Create new detailed drawings when needed or directed.
- Direct and support assembly activities for custom designed equipment.
- Provide technical support for designed equipment operating in production.
- Utilize engineering change request (ECR) and notice (ECN) procedures.
- Obtain quotes from suppliers for custom mechanical components.
- Issue and track purchase orders for custom mechanical components.
- Deliver results within the prescribed development and engineering budgets, scopes, and timelines and GPI safety guidelines.
- Facilitate, encourage, promote, and engage in teamwork activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering role is required.
- At least 3 years of direct experience in mechanical parts and machine design is required.
- Demonstrated experience with design for manufacturability (DFM) and design for assembly (DFA) is required.
- Experience utilizing Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) is a required.
- Experience with electro-mechanical component integration into machine design is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated project management experience is required.
- Experience with hands-on assembly and/or manufacturing of mechanical components is a strong plus.
- Experience sourcing custom fabricated mechanical components is a plus.
- Experience with grading suppliers is a plus.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Four-year degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Must possess strong computer aided design (CAD) skills. Experience with SolidWorks is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated ability to apply engineering best practices in the design of mechanical components is required.
- An understanding of electro-mechanical components, including PLC and drive motor controls is required.
- Ability to direct and coordinate activities of other engineering resources including other engineers, drafting support, and assembly technicians.
- Must have demonstrated oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to drive multiple concurrent assignments to completion.
- Must have the ability to be self-directed and manage priorities.
- Must be able to work in a professional team environment.
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules in special situations which may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screens or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving
- Technical Learning
GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.