Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical / Electrical Technician
at Graphic Packaging International Inc.
OPPORTUNITY: We are a Foodservice operation seeking candidates to join our Menomonee Falls, WI Rebuild Team. While the pay rate for this role will be discussed with you upon selection you should know that we offer outstanding opportunities and pay starting at $22.66/hour. We encourage our employees to advance their careers through on the job training programs and job progression. Many of our roles are skilled trade positions where our employees build successful careers in the Printing & Packaging industry. We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, health spending accounts as well as 401-K with matching funds. Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Tuition Reimbursement, Aflac, Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tabaco Cessation and Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Uniform Service, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are also available.
Please review all of our job postings and apply for each position you feel you’re qualified and would like to be considered for.
JOB SUMMARY: To support the expanding Graphic Packaging International foodservice business. Responsible for assembly and disassembly of paper converting equipment along with testing and debugging of mechanical/electrical devices for proper operation, that ranges from above average too difficult in complexity. This position is for 1st shift. Travel up to 50% of time to domestic GPI production facilities may be required.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Work within and adhere to GPI’s core values of Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships and Teamwork.
- Ability to read and work from mechanical and electrical blueprints
- Understanding of basic mechanical and pneumatic components
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to travel
- Will abide by all safety and conduct rules and work in a safe manner
- PLC programming skills and experience with servo controls a plus
- Expected to supply a standard industrial mechanic set of tools. The company will supply specialty tooling.
- Other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Manufacturing experience required.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the paper converting industry or related field
- Technical degree preferred
- Schedules are a M-F 8-hour Shift Schedule.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime and travel when necessary.
- Sitting or standing, depending on changing job assignment, for extended periods.
- Awkward and/or repetitive movements.
- Routine Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Proficiency in using hand tools, depth micrometers and precision measuring tools, welders, grinders, lathes, milling machines, etc.
- Standing and sitting for extended periods and awkward or repetitive movements at times
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Work in areas of fluctuating temperature.
GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.