Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Graphic Packaging International Inc.
OPPORTUNITY: We are a folding carton manufacturing operation seeking candidates to join our Menomonee Falls Facility. We offer outstanding opportunities for our employees to advance their careers through on the job training and job progression. These are skilled trade positions where our employees build successful careers in the Printing & Packaging industry. We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, health spending accounts as well as 401-K with matching funds. Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Tuition Reimbursement, Aflac, Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tobacco Cessation and Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are also available.
Graphic Packaging International, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Graphic Packaging Holding Company (NYSE: GPK), is committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a leading global provider of paper-based packaging solutions for a wide variety of products for food, beverage, foodservice and other consumer products companies. We are one of the largest producers of folding cartons and hold a leading market position in solid bleached sulfate, coated unbleached kraft and coated recycled paperboard. Graphic Packaging’s customers include some of the most widely- recognized companies in the world.
We achieve our vision by delivering value to our customers, building a high-performance culture for our employees and creating superior returns for our shareholders. We strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. Graphic Packaging has approximately 17,000 employees working in more than 60 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
MISSION / SUMMARY:
The purpose of this position is to support Menomonee Falls Engineering and Product Development in its mission of providing value added engineering services. The key customers served are the Americas Converting Business and other internal engineering, marketing, and manufacturing groups. Outputs include equipment parts design, test fixture development, data analysis, product design and detail drawings. Additional outputs will include manufacturing support for parts and products designed and procurement of parts from vendors. They understand and align business operations and Engineering and Product Development as they execute their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Utilize engineering best practices to design parts and subassemblies for custom designed equipment and fixtures.
- Modify or revise existing parts and subassemblies of custom designed equipment as needed to ensure correct functionality.
- Create new detailed drawings as required.
- Obtain quotes from suppliers and issue and track purchase orders for custom mechanical components.
- Design new fiber disposable food packaging products using existing design guidelines.
- Contribute to the development of new-to-market fiber and plastic based packaging solutions.
- Lead the benchmarking and analysis of new and existing foodservice packaging.
- Provide detailed technical reports of test results.
- Utilize additive manufacturing for rapid prototype parts and products.
- Deliver results within the prescribed development and engineering budgets, scopes, and timelines and GPI safety guidelines.
- Facilitate, encourage, promote, and engage in teamwork activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Experience designing mechanical components in a computer aided design (CAD) environment is required.
- Experience with hands-on assembly and/or manufacturing of mechanical components is desired.
- Experience designing components for additive manufacturing and operating a 3D printer is a strong plus.
- Experience designing and executing initiatives utilizing Design of Experiments (DOE) is a strong plus.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Experience sourcing custom fabricated mechanical components is a plus.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) is a plus.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- Must possess strong computer aided design (CAD) skills. Experience with SolidWorks is a plus.
- Knowledge of mechanics of materials and industry standards for mechanical design is required.
- An understanding of electro-mechanical and pneumatic componentry is a strong plus.
- Must have demonstrated analytical skills and technical report writing.
- Must have demonstrated oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to be self-directed and manage priorities.
- Must be able to work in a professional team environment.
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules in special situations which may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screens or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office, hand, and electrical tools or equipment.
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving
- Technical Learning
GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.