Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrical Engineer IV
at Graphic Packaging International Inc.
OPPORTUNITY: We are a folding carton manufacturing operation seeking candidates to join our Menomonee Falls Facility. We offer outstanding opportunities for our employees to advance their careers through on the job training and job progression. These are skilled trade positions where our employees build successful careers in the Printing & Packaging industry. We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, health spending accounts as well as 401-K with matching funds. Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Tuition Reimbursement, Aflac, Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tobacco Cessation and Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are also available.
Graphic Packaging International, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Graphic Packaging Holding Company (NYSE: GPK), is committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a leading global provider of paper-based packaging solutions for a wide variety of products for food, beverage, foodservice and other consumer products companies. We are one of the largest producers of folding cartons and hold a leading market position in solid bleached sulfate, coated unbleached kraft and coated recycled paperboard. Graphic Packaging’s customers include some of the most widely- recognized companies in the world.
We achieve our vision by delivering value to our customers, building a high-performance culture for our employees and creating superior returns for our shareholders. We strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. Graphic Packaging has approximately 17,000 employees working in more than 60 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
MISSION / SUMMARY:
The Menomonee Falls facility is seeking an Electrical Engineer to lead and support engineering projects for the manufacturing of paper cups & food containers for the Americas Converting Business within GPI. The candidate will lead and support ongoing and new projects using his/her skill in electrical engineering. The candidate would be required to understand and align business operations and Engineering as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Provide engineering support and project management for capital projects and major repair projects.
- Create, maintain and keep current documentation and electronic versions of all electrical and pneumatic schematics including panel layouts, PLC, HMI and Servo Drives programs.
- Provide expertise in PLC Control Systems and Programming in the development and troubleshooting of Electrical and Automation Control Systems.
- Design circuit and layout drawings of control and power panels in accordance with NEC and corporate standards
- Coordinate with engineering and shop personnel on existing machine control modifications to robotic, electrical and pneumatic systems.
- Assist shop personnel in checking or trouble shooting equipment as required.
- Coordinate project installations with Maintenance and contractors.
- Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years industrial Electrical Engineering experience.
- Familiar with NEC Codes
- SolidWorks Electrical and AutoCAD design experience
- Proficient with Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi, Bosch-Rexroth PLC and HMI Programming
- Experience with Variable Frequency and Servo Motor Drives
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Four-year degree in Electrical Engineering preferred or;
- Compensatory closely related work experience required in lieu of degree.
- Knowledge of industrial safety standards.
- Hands on technical capability, but good communication skills to delegate assignments
- Strong organization and leadership skills.
- Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project.
- Ability to do wiring tasks.
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving
- Technical Learning
GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.