Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin
The Security Officer is responsible for providing security services at Goodwill facilities. This position is responsible for providing emergency response to situations involving safety and medical, patrolling the building and grounds and actively intervening in situations that may be potential disruptive or harmful. This position also conducts investigations of reported incidents and provides detailed and accurate written reports.
Understand and abides by policies, procedures, and programs. Typically works on projects and tasks that span 1 day - 3 months.
1. Project and Change Management: Effectively plans and manages own work to reliably complete routine job responsibilities and special assignments. Follows through on learning, skill building, and practice necessary to adapt to change.
2. Problem Solving: General supervision, with work regularly reviewed by manager or senior coworker. Uses technical skills and knowledge to manage day-to-day tasks.
3. Technical Skill: Practical, working knowledge of tasks, responsibilities, policies and procedures. Able to learn and apply new concepts.
4. Community Engagement: Serves as an ambassador for Goodwill in the wider community. Participates in volunteer opportunities as schedule and interest permit.
5. Provide visible deterrence to crime and prohibited activities by patrolling the facility and adjacent grounds.
6. Provide guests, employees and vendors, professional and courteous assistance in the conduct of their business at the agency - in person and by phone.
7. Conduct investigations of discovered and/or reported incidents and prepare detailed, accurate and legible written reports.
8. Respond quickly to emergency and non-emergency situations including alarms at Goodwill Non-retail facilities in accordance with Goodwill policies and procedures.
9. Become skilled in MEDIC First Aid, CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Skills within 180 days of employment.
10. Respond to, evaluate and/or treat Medical Emergencies within the facility within the guidelines of Goodwill Industries policies and procedures.
11. Respond to and actively intervene in situations involving agitated, aggressive or disruptive persons within the facility following the guidelines of Goodwill Industries policies and procedures.
12. Be alert and watchful for any activities which could result in the injury of a person or the damage or loss of property.
13. Escort or assist employees, participants or visitors as requested within the guidelines of Goodwill Industries policies and procedures.
14. Maintain a safe and orderly work environment.
15. Responsible for completing other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
1. Two years' of college education or experience equivalency.
2. Security experience with frequent public contact.
3. Security or Police Science background preferred.
4. Valid Driver License required.
5. Ability to travel to different locations throughout southeastern Wisconsin.
CORE CULTURAL COMPETENCIES:
1. Customer Focus: Independently anticipate and meet customer needs, while searching for ways to improve customer service. Internalize customer feedback, and follow up with customer to ensure problems are solved by providing innovative ideas to meet their future needs.
2. Values Differences: Seeks out the diverse perspectives and talents of others, striving to work effectively with others who have different perspectives, backgrounds or styles. Behave with sensitivity towards differences in cultural norms, expectations, and ways of communicating. Challenge stereotyping or offensive comments.
3. Communicates Effectively: Shares information and updates with others, while ensuring a clear, concise and professional communication through reports, documentation, written and other communications. Listens with interest to what others have to say.
4. Situational Adaptability: Demonstrates flexibility of responses to different situations through adapting to the changing needs, conditions, priorities or opportunities. Monitors how well an approach is working to see if a change is needed, recognizing cues that suggest a change in approach or behavior is needed.
5. Drives Results: Demonstrates a strong drive to achieve meaningful results, through driving tasks to successful completion and closure. Sets high standards for own performance, showing determination in the face of obstacles and setbacks.
6. Ensures Accountability: Takes responsibility and ownership for successes and failures in own work. Monitors progress of performance and changes approach accordingly, following through on commitments.
Regularly lifts and/or moves up 10 pounds, frequently lifts and/or moves up to 20 pounds, occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds. Moves about to accomplish tasks. Lift: Raises objects from lower to higher position or moves objects horizontally. Stoop, kneel crouch or crawl: Positions self to retrieve objects. Reach: Extending upwards or downwards to retrieve objects. Worker is subject to weather conditions (hot, humid, dry, cold etc.). Worker is subject to human blood, body fluids or tissue. Vision required assessing security of facilities.