Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Analyst - Financial Planning and Analysis
at Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin
The Lead Analyst - Financial Planning and Analysis is responsible for analyzing business trends, including monthly variance of actuals, budgets, and forecasts. Additionally will develop financial proposal and scenario analysis for operational unit projects.
Implements organization’s goals, may provide input into strategic goals for assigned operating units planning, forecasting and budgeting. Conducts research, evaluates data, and reports on findings, supporting the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and programs. Has familiarity with the assigned operating units budget(s), may provide input into spending decisions, particularly as pertains to vendors, systems, and projects. Typically works on projects and initiatives that span 12 months – 2 years.
1. Leading and Developing Talent: May partner with coworkers to advance their development.
2. Project and Change Management: May serve as a team member, or subject matter expert, for formal or department projects. Contributes ideas and helps develop solutions, while balancing demands of project work and routine job responsibilities. Engages effectively in change affecting her/him, communicating appropriately with supervisor. Follows through on learning, skill building, and practice necessary to adapt to change.
3. Problem Solving: Light supervision; works independently. Periodic review of work by manager or direct customer. Researches, analyzes, and evaluates situations and reports on findings. Solves advanced problems.
4. Technical Skill: Advanced knowledge of professional principles and skills. Comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization.
5. Community Engagement: Champions Goodwill’s community engagement initiatives. Aware of Goodwill’s community partner organizational and participates in volunteer opportunities as pertains to role and interest. Participates in industry/knowledge groups.
6. Serve as key business advisor to operational unit teams on the development of pricing strategies, program/product line/customer evaluation, and process improvement initiatives to maximize operating margin for mission reinvestment.
7. Analyze business trends, including monthly variance analysis of actuals, budgets, and forecasts, and produce reporting for operations management including commentary.
8. Support ROI analysis for operating unit projects. This includes development of the financial proposal and scenario analysis. Responsible for performing related post-completion audits.
9. Assist the financial planning process for operating units including the budget, rolling forecast, year-end and other projections.
10. Responsible for completing other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
1. Associates Degree or experience equivalency, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial analysis or data analytics.
2. Experience working with diverse data sets. This role will need to understand how to pull data from multiple systems and lines of business.
3. Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, and charts. Ability to quickly organize and analyze large amounts of data and summarize into meaningful information. Experience in Microsoft Dynamics SL, Prophix, and BI tools a plus.
4. Strong interpersonal skills that facilitates presenting findings to financial and non-financial roles.
5. Attention to detail with a hands-on, can-do approach
6. Persistent, inquisitive, organized and highly motivated.
7. Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities.
CORE CULTURAL COMPETENCIES:
1. Customer Focus: Independently anticipate and meet customer needs, while searching for ways to improve customer service. Internalize customer feedback, and follow up with customer to ensure problems are solved by providing innovative ideas to meet their future needs.
2. Values Differences: Seeks out the diverse perspectives and talents of others, striving to work effectively with others who have different perspectives, backgrounds or styles. Behave with sensitivity towards differences in cultural norms, expectations, and ways of communicating. Challenge stereotyping or offensive comments.
3. Communicates Effectively: Shares information and updates with others, while ensuring a clear, concise and professional communication through reports, documentation, written and other communications. Listens with interest to what others have to say.
4. Situational Adaptability: Demonstrates flexibility of responses to different situations through adapting to the changing needs, conditions, priorities or opportunities. Monitors how well an approach is working to see if a change is needed, recognizing cues that suggest a change in approach or behavior is needed.
5. Drives Results: Demonstrates a strong drive to achieve meaningful results, through driving tasks to successful completion and closure. Sets high standards for own performance, showing determination in the face of obstacles and setbacks.
6. Ensures Accountability: Takes responsibility and ownership for successes and failures in own work. Monitors progress of performance and changes approach accordingly, following through on commitments.
Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 20 pounds. Moves about to accomplish tasks. Lift: Raises objects from lower to higher position or moves objects horizontally. Stoop, kneel crouch or crawl: Positions self to retrieve objects. Reach: Extending upwards or downwards to retrieve objects. Remain stationary for extended periods of time, Repetitive use of hands Required, vision Required to work with electronic databases.