Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Creative Director
at GMR Marketing
- Job ID
- Creative / Ideation
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
Are you a top-notch, Associate Creative Director who is looking to join our award-winning global experiential agency.
Here at GMR, we create memories that matter across sports, music, entertainment and lifestyle – helping brands connect with people via their passions.
As an Associate Creative Director, you will work hand in hand with peers in Strategy, Art Direction, Copywriting, Content Development, Creative Tech and Production to develop breakthrough experiential activations. You’ll directly lead the work of a talented creative team — reviewing, guiding, and editing their work — to bring concepts to life in a uniquely GMR way for some amazing Fortune 500 brands.
In this role, you will oversee the development of experiential projects, digital interactions, social PR stunts, surprise and delight engagements and beyond. Do you see through the eyes of a child, have the hands of a craftsman and the heart of a champion? If so GMR can be the place for you to do the some of the most interesting work of your career.
WHAT YOU’LL DO //
Evaluation and Ideation:
- Analyze a client’s marketing challenge, craft/author the creative approach, lead a team of individuals to devise relevant marketing programs.
- Conceive and explain specific tactics that complete the ideas.
Creative Problem Solver:
- Conceiving the expected solutions is a given for this job and to succeed in this position the candidate must conceive of creative solutions that are not as obvious but are on strategy and simply ingenious.
Craft pitch presentations and present:
- Write content and create or direct needed visual representational artwork, work with other GMR colleagues to assemble the pitch presentation materials.
- Represent the agency as an Associate Creative Director in live pitch presentations to clients while using great storytelling abilities to relay the message.
- It is critically important that the candidate knows how to work well with others at all times.
- Must have high self-awareness to know when to lead and when to follow.
- Must have exceptional listening skills to properly assess the needs of the assignments and the client.
- Must be a self-motivated inherently inquisitive person who is constantly asking “why?” and creating “what if…?” questions; and undertakes the steps to answer them.
WHAT WE NEED //
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Very proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint and Word. Must be an articulate, charismatic and skilled presenter.
- Must have a solid understanding of brand marketing [i.e. brand positioning, marketing mix, brand benefits, brand identity, communication/messaging strategies].
- Self-motivator, willing to accept and appropriately respond to criticism.
- Competitive spirit and strong work ethic.
- Must be willing to do what it takes to deliver high caliber results day in day out.
- Creative management experience a plus.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Creative Writing, Advertising or English
- 5+ years agency experience (experiential or event marketing preferred)