Generac Power Systems, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Hardware Engineer
at Generac Power Systems, Inc
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Posted Date
- 4 months ago(2/11/2019 3:01 PM)
- ENG - Engineering
Generac Power Systems - Work with the leader in the power industry! Our Corporate Headquarters in Waukesha, WI, is seeking a Senior Hardware Engineer to join our growing Connectivity Team.
As a Senior Hardware Engineer for Generac, you will be responsible for designing and developing new and innovative products as well as interfacing with a cross-functional team. Your contributions will build better solutions to connect our dealers and our customers affording both better information for better decision making.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches, designs, validates, and brings new hardware products to market.
- Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs, tests and integrates a variety of moderately complex components to produce final designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness, cost (including cost/benefit analysis), reliability (risk analysis), and safety.
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans for a variety of moderately complex products and/or components; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials.
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize moderately complex designs for manufacturability.
- Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs)
- Acts as a resource to mentor and teach less experienced engineers.
- Travel to other Generac facilities as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including a minimum of 5 years of experience in hardware design.
- Experience in design of industrial/automotive electronic control systems and assemblies
- Experience with Freescale PowerPC and/or Microchip PIC microcontrollers
- Experience with Altium Designer for schematic capture and layout
- Familiarity with simulation software such as P-Spice, Mentor Graphics Hyperlynx, Matlab Simulink
- Experience with designing battery charging circuitry, Switch-Mode Power Supply (SMPS)
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing
- RF/wireless controls knowledge
- Conduct FMEA/DFMEA analysis
- Experience with design release process
- Knowledge of PID loops
- Communication protocol/ hardware interface knowledge, such as RS232, RS485, CAN, Ethernet, USB, SPI, I2C, Flash, EEPROM, ADC/DAC, WiFi/Bluetooth
- Design to meet agency compliance such as UL, CSA, NEC, CE, FCC, NFPA, EPA
- Experience with Agile software development practices and tools
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.