Gateway Technical College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Optometrist Lab Adjunct Faculty - Grant Funded
at Gateway Technical College
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, marital status, or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The College attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & Section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the Chief of Human Resources and Talent Development/Affirmative Action Officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1163 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1163. Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the College's programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888.GO TO LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY:
Provide instruction to students in the Ophthalmic Medical Assistant Technical Diploma Program at Gateway Technical College.
Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the college inclusive of: facilitating learning, assessing student performance, as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members. Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
Faculty in this role are required to maintain proficiency using equipment and performing procedures common to the clinical setting (e.g. retinal imaging, Humphrey visual fields, phoropter, slit lamp, tonometry, lensometer). The alignment of industry specific software to program courses including the integration of Electronic Health Record application is required. Faculty are required to create effective relationships with shared program partners and with industry partners for the purpose of establishing long term practicum. Faculty maintain the onsite lab and ensure the safety of students in potentially hazardous work environments through safe working practices and proper use of equipment. The provision of Service Learning experiences for students is expected.
- Educate students with core knowledge and current developments in the eye care field.
- Provide regular curriculum and course improvement with continually updated teaching methods.
- Participate in subject or program leadership teams.
- Work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Seek opportunities for continuous professional development.
- Facilitate optimal learning through integration of technology and utilization of appropriate delivery methods.
- Evaluate student learning based on course competencies employing formative and summative strategies.
- Create an inclusive, effective learning environment that addresses barriers and provides reasonable accommodations.
- WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED IN THE POSITION
- Wisconsin Doctor of Optometry required with education or training preparing the individual for the occupational area being taught.
- Two years (4,000 hours) of recent occupational experience in an Optometric, Ophthalmic or Optical setting.
- Candidates must have a proven record of clinical skills competence.
- A minimum of one year previous teaching experience in adult education programs preferred.
- Experience with computer assisted instruction and software.
- Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
- Experience desired in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as instructional television or online.
- Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of students.
- Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff for developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
- Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the college.
- Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
- Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
- Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
- SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION
Condition of Employment
- Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
- Must meet and maintain compliance with LTC's model of the Wisconsin Technical College System Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) requirements.
- Beginning: Thursday, April 25, 2019
- Closing: Until position is filled
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to 'Just for You' and click on 'Job Seekers', choose 'View Employment Opportunities' to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources at 920.693.1863.