Gateway Technical College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ophthalmic Lab Specialist (Part-Time | 180 Annual Hours) – Grant Funded
at Gateway Technical College
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, marital status, or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The College attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & Section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the Chief of Human Resources and Talent Development/Affirmative Action Officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1163 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1163. Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the College's programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888.GO TO LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY:
Promote a learning atmosphere in the ophthalmic lab, which encourages effective work habits and provides a safe, clean, and orderly physical environment. Maximize the operation of the ophthalmic lab. Validate the performance of students' ophthalmic medical assistant skills.
- Serve as a resource person for Ophthalmic Medical Assistant students.
- Maintain the ophthalmic lab at the level of stated educational specifications.
- Maintain/repair lab equipment.
- Provide the Ophthalmic Medical Assistant Instructor with informational feedback regarding study guides and simulated activities.
- Maintain records of students' performance and provide feedback to students and the instructor about problems/progress.
- Cooperate with other activities scheduled in the ophthalmic lab. Implement policies of the ophthalmic lab and program.
- Suggest materials and equipment for requisition.
- Provide 5 Star Customer Service throughout every interaction
- WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED IN THE POSITION
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (or Technician) OR Certified Para-Optometric Assistant (or Technician) with at least two years related experience within the past four years is required.
- Working knowledge of using special equipment including a variety of simulated modern ophthalmic equipment, audiovisual equipment, and computer.
- Written and oral communications, positive customer service and human relations; self-initiating and assertive; ability to multi-task; organization, prioritization, follow through, and problem solving skills are essential.
- Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
- Fluent, bilingual individual is desirable.
- SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION
Condition of Employment
- Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
- Professional Development Wellness/Fitness Center
- Beginning: Tuesday, June 19, 2018
- Closing: Until position is filled
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to 'Just for You' and click on 'Job Seekers', choose 'View Employment Opportunities' to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources at 920.693.1863.