Gateway Technical College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Gateway Technical College
Pay: $57300 to $60000/year
$57300 - $60000
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 2407024
Overall Job Objective
- PUT YOUR PROFESSIONAL WELDING SKILLS TO WORK!
*Limited Term Employment*Become a WELDING Instructor for Gateway Technical College. Earn an excellent Salary & Benefits - and have a stable work schedule. Our focus is on getting our students the finest Welding training possible through practical and technical instruction. Pass on your skills to the next generation of welders! Apply today!
This instructor reports to the Dean, School of Manufacturing, Engineering and Information Technology (MEIT).
- Plan and teach courses which fulfill the current curriculum goals and objectives
- Prepare a course syllabus, which includes course requirements, attendance requirements, grading criteria.
- Assess student performance and advise students on academic issues
- Adhere to class schedules. Meet attendance standards.
- Remain current in practices, trends and research related to areas of specialization or assignment.
- Employ appropriate assessment techniques to measure student performance in achieving course goals and objectives.
- Identify and assess students who are in need of additional instruction to successfully complete the course objectives and provide additional instruction to those students as needed.
- Check email or Blackboard for student rosters and other information as required.
- Maintain confidentiality relating to student matters.
- Participate in college, campus and department evaluation processes.
- Attend adjunct faculty meetings as scheduled.
- Interact constructively with resident faculty.
- Promote the education/training program, participate in efforts to recruit and retain students, and participate in efforts to market Gateway.
- Comply with college policies and procedures and department guidelines
- WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED IN THE POSITION
REQUIRED:Associate's degree or higher in Welding or Fabrication PLUS at least 8,000* hours of verified occupational experience in Welding.
Journeyman Welder PLUS at least 8,000* hours of verified occupational experience in Welding.
At least 14,000* hours of non-teaching occupational experience in the field of welding.
*Included in the above experience, at least 2,000 hours of verified occupational experience must be within the last five years OR 2 years full-time (8 semesters of part-time) post secondary teaching experience in the occupational field within the last five years.
Other Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast pace agile environment.
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce and student population
- Ability to use student learning management systems
- Culturally competent, including strong emotional intelligence and the ability to engage and build relationships with constituents and underrepresented communities.
- SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available
DIVISION/LOCATION: Manufacturing, Engineering & IT/Elkhorn Campus
FLSA DESIGNATION: Exempt
Start Date: August 19, 2019
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Employment is contingent upon an acceptable background/reference check.
- Employment eligibility for the United States.
- Gateway does not sponsor employment based visas.
- All new hires must attend a paid orientation from August 19-23, 2019
- Must meet and maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS).
- Flexibility is needed to accommodate day, evening and weekend students.
- This is a Fall/Spring calendar, including evening and weekend courses.
- Tobacco-free environment