Envoy Air Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Agent - Station Agent (Airport Ramp Service)
at Envoy Air Inc.
Envoy Air Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group. With more than 16,000 employees, Envoy is the largest provider of regional flight service to American Airlines. Flying under the American Eagle brand and livery, Envoy provides ground handling services for many American Airlines flights. The Company was founded in 1998 as American Eagle Airlines, Inc. and in 2014, changed its name to Envoy Air Inc. Envoy is headquartered within the Dallas metropolitan area in Irving, TX with large operations in Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles. At Envoy, we go beyond transporting people from one destination to another. Our goal for employees is to take you where you want to go - whether a short-term stay or a lifelong career. Are you ready for take-off?
Our Airport/Station Agents perform a variety of tasks to keep our ground operations running safely, efficiently and on-time. Interested in working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment? Envoy offers competitive benefits and awesome flight privileges!
Load and unload of baggage, cargo, freight, and company materials on and off aircraft
Transport items between terminals, aircraft and the bag room using belt-loaders, tugs, carts and other vehicles/equipment
Marshal aircraft which requires working closely with teammates to ensure there is a safe path for the aircraft, jetbridge, vehicles, and equipment
Clean and service cabin interiors, including seatback pockets, seat cushions, tray tables, overhead bins, cockpit, galley, and the lavatory which also include following procedures to properly drain the lavatory
De-ice aircraft which requires using equipment to apply chemicals/compounds, if applicable
*Responsibilities may vary by location and may include other ramp service (below wing) work.
In this role, candidates must be able to perform all duties under sometimes stressful conditions beyond the employee's control while attempting to influence a favorable impression of American Eagle, American Airlines or any other contracted airline service provided by Envoy. Must be able to work with minimal supervision be self-motivated and safety conscious.
- Minimum Age: 18
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license; some license restrictions may prohibit a candidate from being eligible for this position
- Must be able to carry, bend, lift and turn with bags weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work rotating shifts including nights, holidays, weekends, days off, and be able to report to work on a regular and timely basis
- Requires flexibility to work additional hours beyond the regular shift, on short notice, and as needed due to operational necessity
- Must be able to perform all duties in various weather conditions and time constraints
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Possess the legal right to work in the United States
- A minimum of one year of customer service experience
- Some locations may desire previous airline experience including working knowledge of an airline’s ticketing system and/or ramp operations
Additional Position Details
- Tattoos, body piercings and/or tongue rings may not be visible while in company issued uniform at any time; tattoos cannot be covered with adhesive bandages or by other methods to render them not visible.
- The Company will pay fifty percent (50%) for the new hire employee's first basic uniform set and the employee will pay fifty percent (50%) unless prohibited by local or state law.
- Candidates must fulfill a fingerprint based criminal background check to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
- Candidates must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, in addition to clearing other airport related requirements, if applicable.
- This position may be subject to the Department of Transportation (DOT). Federal law requires Envoy to determine a candidate’s history with the DOT drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position.
Envoy Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.