Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Forklift Operator in Kenosha, WI at Elite Staffing Inc.
at Elite Sraffing
- Accurately locate and pick, both by hand and by using appropriate motorized equipment (i.e. forklift truck), customer product onto/from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves according to established procedures and safety regulations.
- Count, weigh, and record number of units of material handled on daily production sheet.
- Complete specialized order processing for loading by stenciling, slip-sheeting, stretch wrapping, labeling, and consolidating as required on order.
Loading & Unloading:
- Load picked orders according toOperating policies and procedures, completing appropriate paperwork including Bill of Lading, Pick Report, Trailer Audit, Lot Verification.
- Unload, move, stack, and stage customer products and materials, both by hand and using forklift or other power equipment, keeping appropriate records and reports.
Operating & Maintenance:
- Assign trailers to appropriate dock and/or yard location, chocking the wheels, following all safety rules and company policy.
- Daily inspect equipment, make adjustments before operating tow-motor vehicles or equipment, following safety and maintenance instructions, and complete inspection sheet at the beginning of each shift; report immediately any defective equipment to supervisor.
- Daily inspect and prepare trailers prior to loading product by inspecting and cleaning as needed to insure product preservation.
- Assist in building and grounds maintenance to insure that the facility is maintained in a clean, neat, safe, and orderly manner.
- Complete activity and statistical reports as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist in physical inventories ensuring facility and contents are secure.
- Provide other services such as sanitation requirement activities, assembling crates (boxes) to contain products, and/or moving loose materials to containers as directed by supervisor and/or team leader.
- Participates in Safety and 5S requirements
Education/Experience, skill sets, desired competencies;
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years warehouse or related work experience preferred.
- Two (2) years forklift experience required including fork lift certification preferred.
- Knowledge of inventory control and general warehouse procedures.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Ability to operate forklift – both sit down and stand up, tow motor, motorized and non motorized pallet jack.
- Ability to learn to utilize on board computers, scanners and new technology
- Ability to write legibly
- Must have basic math skills
- Ability to make decisions on customer acceptance based on past experience and fitness for use
- Must have attention to detail for continuous mental and visual attention
- Data entry skills
(Increases Avail at 60, 90 and 120 days based on attendance and performance)
Pleasant Prairie, WI
2672 Belvidere Rd. 5606 75th St. Suite B
Waukegan, Il 60085 Kenosha, WI 53142
Elite Staffing, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our policy of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train and promote persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, handicap or any other protected status.