Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
OUR CULTURAL BELIEFS
Patient Minded I act with the patient’s best interest in mind.
Client Delight I own every client experience and its impact on results.
Take Action I am empowered and empower others to act now.
Grow Talent I own my development and invest in the development of others.
Win Together I passionately connect with anyone, anywhere, anytime to achieve results.
Communication Matters I speak up to create transparent, thoughtful and timely dialogue.
Own It I hold myself and others accountable for results.
As a Business Intelligence Business Analyst, you’ll be working with stakeholders to uncover data, reporting and BI business requirements and translate those needs into user stories. Working in varying development process styles with cross-functional team members, you’ll gather and document business requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions. This position will also have broad responsibilities that will include project coordination/management, presentations to executive staff, coordinating and leading demos and client interactions. You will play a key role on a small and nimble team – responsibilities will be broad and varied.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our employees are tasked with delivering excellent business results through the efforts of their teams. These results are achieved by:
- Ability to elicit and maintain business requirements and supporting documentation for our data, reporting and BI team
- Willingness and ability to work independently and across a broad variety of roles within the team
- Ability to quickly learn new business domains
- Ability to work on multiple projects and clients simultaneously
- Ability to communicate persuasively and resolve issues effectively
- Ability to identify requirement gaps or identify potential development challenges from client requests
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
EXPECTATIONS OF THE JOB:
- Interviewing business stakeholders and subject matter experts, collecting business requirements, defining functional specifications and creating user experience artifacts
- Translating business goals and requirements into user stories
- Collaborating with product owners to ensure solutions meet business needs
- Collaborating with technical resources to identify and document technical requirements and constraints
- Writing acceptance criteria and collaborating with QA team to ensure test plans address all requirements
- Creating user experience deliverables where applicable
- Influencing project scope by ensuring team members understand trade-offs of including or excluding requirements
- Travel: 15%
- Hours: 40 hours per week, M-F
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the expectations of the position and shall not be construed as the only expectations that may be assigned for the position.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the expectations listed above.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, education, knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- 5+ years of experience in a business analyst role in a data, reporting and BI environment
- Desire and ability to work closely with PMs, QAs, technical architects, and developers
- Ability to keep a positive attitude and handle change
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work items
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate between technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams using varying development process styles
- Experience with documenting requirement on the SQL and PowerBI platforms
- Experience documenting requirements on the Microsoft Azure DevOps platform
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical and mental requirements along with the work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
Office: While performing the essential functions of this job the employee is frequently required to reach, grasp, stand and/or sit for long periods of time (up to 90% of the shift), walk, talk and hear; occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet, with frequent interruptions and multiple demands.