Delta Defense, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Controller / VP Finance
at Delta Defense, LLC
Delta Defense is the private company that provides Marketing, Operations and Customer Care for the USCCA. The USCCA provides self-defense education, training, and legal protection to the most responsible gun owners.
Delta Defense, LLC, is one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
Inc. 5000 company SEVEN years in a row!
Journal Sentinel Top Workplace - 3 years in a row
Milwaukee Business Journal Top Workplace - 3 years in a row
We are a fun, fast-paced and rewarding place to work and grow!
We hire rockstars, and help them rock even harder!
Manage finance and accounting departments providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company and related entity activities that will assist management, its key stakeholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company's future. Manage the integrity of all systems, processes, and data to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. The Controller/VP Finance represents and promotes the Company’s core values and core focus internally and externally.
- Develops and executes strategies and standards related to accounting policy, financial reporting, general ledger maintenance, budgeting, and financial systems and controls.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Oversees all related entities accounting procedures, systems, and reporting requirements.
- Oversees monthly and annual accounting close processes and coordinates the preparation of financial statements and filings in compliance with GAAP.
- Oversees all reporting functions and activities surrounding annual reviews and audits.
- Develops internal controls and oversees audits of policies and procedures meant to preserve the organization's assets.
- Manage outsourced functions surrounding sales tax reporting and compliance.
- Oversee the activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual reviews and audits and annual budgets
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data, and enhance the company's value. Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns and supporting data.
- Conducts ad hoc analyses of the organization's finances and presents findings to executive leadership for decision making and planning.
- Respond to CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports
Skills/Abilities and Education Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Leads and directs the work of others
- Willing to take on challenges and adapt well to change
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Requires an analytical and detail-oriented mindset
- Excellent accounting software user (Salesforce, Zuora, Avalara, Prophix)
- High level of confidentiality required
- Public accounting experience is a plus
- CPA designation preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 10 + years of progressively responsible experience
- Demonstrates the Core Values of Delta Defense, LLC