Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting Specialist - Accounts Payable
at Dedicated Computing
Accounting Specialist - Accounts Payable
Obtains, organizes and transacts financial data to maintain Accounts Payable records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compile, sort and match vendor invoices with purchase receipt reports
- Enter inventory invoices in the accounts payable module and investigate cost or quantity discrepancies
- Create accounts payable weekly check runs in accordance with company and vendor terms
- Correspond with external parties regarding payment information
- Prepare consignment inventory invoices and reconcile consignment quantities with vendor
- File vendor invoices and maintain records retention
- Follow-up and resolve unmatched receivers, open invoices and expected credit memos. Research cycle count discrepancies while reconciling open invoices.
- Maintain, monitor and resolve unconfirmed vouchers
- Review detail of Purchase Order Receipts for aged items
- Identify and correct incorrect sales tax issues on non-inventory purchase orders
- Reconcile accounts payable records with vendor statements
- Enter credits received under VRMA (Vendor Return) orders against inventory issues. Clear receipts when replacement product is received under VRMA.
- Interact with Sourcing, Receiving, Sales, Recovery, Materials, and Accounting to perform duties accurately and effectively. Communicate with these departments to coordinate and enhance workflow and documentation.
- Review travel & entertainment and other expense forms for clerical accuracy, appropriate receipts, proper account classification and approvals
- Assign GL account to all expenses
- Reconcile general ledger accounts including Accrued Returns, Received not Invoiced, and various accrual accounts
- Print statements and invoices from vendors with on-line access only
- Calculate tax for internal purchases and enter into GL
- Reconcile credit card statements
- Maintain and update the expense reporting process as needed
- Prepare month end AP accrual
- Prepare annual review of unvouchered receipts to write off
- Maintain current, documented procedures
- Participate in and initiate tasks and projects to create and/or improve operating procedures
- Perform “back-up” procedures for other Accounting personnel in their absence as assigned
- Train others assigned as “back up” personnel for this position
QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years related experience in accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts with the use of a calculator
- Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers, vendors, and other associates with confidence
- Ability to write routine correspondence and read and interpret important documents
- An understanding of Sourcing, Receiving and Accounts Payable
- Working knowledge of accounting systems and Microsoft Windows programs along with efficient use of a keyboard
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to provide ideas and suggestions regarding problems/resolutions
- Aptitude for numbers and detail oriented with good computer entry skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while possessing organizational, planning and accuracy skills
- Ability to work efficiently with limited supervision while maintaining a high degree of quality and timeliness in completing essential duties
- Demonstrate a mature and positive attitude
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in business related field
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must regularly lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This includes a highly regulated, climate-controlled, low to moderate noise environment.