Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Dedicated Computing
The Account Manager is the customer champion within Dedicated Computing and the face of Dedicated Computing to its customers. The Account Manager is responsible for guiding our organization in successful execution of business operations in support of our customers’ needs for products and services. The Account Manager is responsible and accountable for managing Customer accounts by providing regular, proactive communication, day to day support, managing product lifecycle, managing the customer forecast and being the advocate for customer escalations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Communications & Sales
- Proactively communicate with external and internal stakeholders with the goal of maintaining and improving customer satisfaction
- Drive the account strategy including sustaining and exceeding revenue and margin targets
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with customer stakeholders
- Identify and communicate new lines of business within assigned accounts through marketing and sales processes
- Identify and communicate opportunities to add value to current customer programs through software or services
- Act as the primary point of contact and escalation point between the customer and Dedicated Computing
- Initiate and drive customer escalation processes and proactively communicate with customer and internal teams on resolution
- Proactively monitor customer satisfaction level including customer scorecards and lead continuous improvement actions in response
- Establish and maintain consistent forecasting practices with the customer and drive forecast into demand and supply planning processes
- Collaborate with customers to improve demand forecast accuracy
- Recommend and drive process and communication improvements with customers and internal stakeholders
- Act as a point of escalation for all internal stakeholders
- Facilitate customer meetings and Quarterly Business Reviews, either at Dedicated, the customer site or via remote conference
- Understand and ensure execution to the terms and conditions of customer contracts including Master Supply Agreements, Statements of Work and related amendments
- Setup and maintain customer view of the Dedicated extranet
Lifecycle & Bill of Material Management
- Drive life cycle management strategy and product phase-in and phase-out plans
- Identify program level transition opportunities and work with the PMO, Outside Sales and Product Managers to initiate the transition process
- Coordinate with Sustaining Engineering, Product Management and Sourcing on platform End of Life (EOL)
- Initiate and coordinate the Engineering Change Order process as needed
- Coordinate with Sustaining Engineering and Sourcing on customer process change or product change requests through the documented change management process
- Take responsibility and authority for delivery of results to customers and internal support teams
- Make decisions on behalf of Dedicated in support of the customers and business objectives
- Drive efficient use of time in the business and direct the efforts of others through good organization as well as excellent oral and written communication
- Use critical thinking and experience to make recommendations and decisions that improve customer satisfaction while maintaining or improving the profitability of the enterprise
- Work closely with all parts of the organization, internal and external, as an active team member and leader
- Recommend, participate in and lead process improvement activities
QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree or equivalent education and experience with at least 3 years of experience supporting customers in a related technology industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be PC literate with experience in Windows Office applications
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and margin
- Good organizational skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work as a member of a team
- Ability to travel to customer locations
- Extensive knowledge of the computer industry
- Experience within Military, Medical, and/or Simulation Markets
- Experience working with formal quality systems
- Valid Driver’s License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The associate frequently is required to sit. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This includes a highly regulated, climate-controlled, low to moderate noise environment.