Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Banquet Server (Part-Time/On-Call)
at CSM Corporation
This position is responsible for serving food and beverages to guests in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner. Adheres to all health regulations and local liquor laws. According to function specifications, sets up, maintains, and takes down banquet rooms after service/event has concluded. Ensures exceptional guest service and creates an inviting atmosphere. Follows CSM and brand standards of quality to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Anticipates and responds to guests in a friendly, positive and timely manner.
• Provides the highest quality service to guests using proper serving techniques.
• Works as a team player in meeting guests needs, and actively contributes to the efforts of other departments when necessary.
• Understands and follows CSM guest service recovery program.
• Listens attentively, follows serving direction from banquet captain and event planner, and uses proper serving techniques.
• According to function specifications, sets up, maintains, and takes down banquet rooms after service/event has concluded.
• Busses trays in a timely manner, and keeps banquet area and meeting rooms neat, clean and presentable.
• Adheres to all health regulations, keeping and local liquor laws.
• Responsible for proper use of all banquet collateral and equipment.
• Adheres to cost controls to reduce expenses and waste.
• Dispenses/serves food and beverages and maintains a clean and safe work area in accordance with CSM, local, state, and federal regulations.
• Follows all CSM procedures for guest/associate incidents.
• Knowledgeable of hotel emergency procedures.
• Produces required volume of work by planning, organizing and prioritizing work duties.
• Adheres to CSM attendance policy, grooming/appearance standards, general work rules and department procedures.
• Attends all required department and hotel meetings.
• Assists bartenders and works as a team player to ensure all guest needs are met.
• Works as a team player to ensure all guest needs are met.
• Completes all assigned duties within or outside the normal scope of responsibilities.
• Completes all required side work, and takes initiative to assist wherever necessary.
• Actively contributes to the success of the guest experience.
Competencies/Skills Required: TIPS or CARE beverage service certification desired, or the ability to obtain certification is required. Must have one or more years of previous guest service experience. Must have demonstrated exemplary customer service, attention to detail, and ability to perform job duties in a repetitious and fast paced environment. Must have the ability to speak, understand, and write English in order to meet guest’s needs.
Education: High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience required.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift, and up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis. Requires ability to complete physically demanding responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and moving about the property continuously throughout the shift.
Competencies/Skills Preferred: Prefer one or more years of previous serving experience in a banquet environment.
CSM Corporation is an equal opportunity employer who provides employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other area prohibited by applicable laws and regulations.