Concordia University Wisconsin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
International Admissions & Retention Coordinator
at Concordia University Wisconsin
- 17-Jul-2019 to 15-Sep-2019 (CST)
- Mequon, WI, USA
- Full Time
Concordia University is seeking applicants for the full-time position of International Admissions and Retention Coordinator located on the Mequon Campus. This full-time, exempt, position will contribute to developing Concordia's emphasis on global citizenship by increasing the presence and awareness of a diverse international student population within the entire Concordia University community. This position will focus on developing recruitment, admissions and retention strategies and procedures for international students. This position reports to the Director of International Recruitment & Retention.
Responsibilities: Recruitment & Admissions
- Serve as the primary contact for prospective international students from the point of recruitment through to enrollment
- Manage recruitment activities including, but are not limited to, high school visits, recruitment fairs and partner/agent networking events
- Assists in the design, development, implementation, and management of effective international student recruitment strategy and liaison activities including the cultivation of relationships with campus constituents, alumni networks and key stake holders
- In collaboration with CU Marketing, develop marketing materials and web content that is concise and cohesive for the international audience
- Implement and utilize virtual recruitment strategies such as webinars, virtual open house's & social media campaigns
- Intake and process international applications for both on-campus and off-campus students, including verification of supplementary admissions material, determination of English Language proficiency & process institutional foreign credential evaluation services
- Process initial I-20's/DS-2019's for incoming international students
Responsibilities: International Student Services
- Serve as a DSO & ARO in the SEVIS system
- In collaboration with CIC staff & other CU departments, develop and implement high quality & high impact programs to enhance the overall experience of international students including; International student orientation's (8+ per year), domestic peer mentoring program, monthly social activities, international education week activities and commencement celebrations
- Coordinate the CIC programming calendar along with social media promotion
- Maintain relations with program directors, faculty, staff and others in order to provide optimal international student services/retention
- Participate in the supervision & provide scheduling for a team of 7+ student workers
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise of US government regulations for F & J visa holders
- Knowledge of BANNER & RECRUIT systems
- Experience/training in foreign credential evaluation
- Interest/experience in the use of virtual recruitment platforms
- Knowledge in marketing and advertising across a variety of mediums
- Excellent organizational skills, time management and attention to detail
- Previous experience in international recruitment, admissions & international student programming
- Fluency in additional language besides English
- High proficiency in use of: Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Outlook and other software
- High proficiency in use of social media platforms, including: Twitter, Facebook, WeChat, WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat, Skype and others
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings including extensive overnight travel during recruitment seasons
- Professional communication skills and dedication to excellent customer services to maintain good rapport with prospective & current students, faculty, staff, institutional partners and others
- Ability to work and learn independently as well as effectively collaborate as a member of a team
- Understanding and awareness of cross cultural differences and sensitivities, preferably working with non-native English speakers
Education and Experience
A bachelor's degree in related field and three to five years of higher education experience. Experience living, working or studying abroad. Must have a valid driver's license and a valid passport or the ability to obtain one. Must be a US citizen or permanent resident required to serve as DSO.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt, position. Starting range is dependent upon individual qualifications and experience. Concordia health, disability and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees and their eligible dependents. Tuition benefits are available for employees and their qualified dependents.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of CU to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
The University will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, gender, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
However, CU is an institution of the LCMS and, to the extent allowed by law, CU reserves the right to give preference in employment based on religion. In addition, preference in holding certain employment positions is given to ordained or rostered ministers of the LCMS. Based on a religious tenet, CU recognizes only male, LCMS ordained Ministers of the Gospel, but recognizes both male and female LCMS Rostered Ministers of the Gospel.
The Human Resources Department has been appointed to manage the equal employment opportunity program, including all equal employment opportunity activities, as required by federal, state and local agencies. If any employee or applicant for employment believes this policy has been violated, he/she must contact the Director of Human Resources.
Concordia University is a HLC accredited, co-educational, liberal arts school offering more than 72 undergraduate majors, over 35 master's degree programs, and 5 doctoral programs. There are also a variety of accelerated evening and e-learning programs.
Concordia is a Lutheran higher education community committed to helping students develop in mind, body and spirit for service to Christ in the Church and in the world.