Children of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Preschool Teacher, WI
at Children of America
- 17-Sep-2020 to 16-Nov-2020 (EST)
- New Berlin
- New Berlin, WI, USA
- Full Time
Job Title: Preschool Lead Teacher
The Lead teacher position requires crafting an enriched learning experience and creating a positive environment that helps to set the stage where milestones are celebrated and encouraged. Our lead teachers are motivators where hard work is "no problem" and where no task to too much to handle. You'll enjoy a supportive environment where you are encouraged to grow in your field and share your passion for early childhood education with children, parents and co-workers. You will work alongside a talented team of educators pass on your love of learning to young, eager minds. Additionally, our company culture invites you to bring your whole self to work, because it is our unique attributes, perspectives and backgrounds that make us a stronger team.
Our program serves preschool children 6 weeks - 12 years of age. Programs include, Infant, Toddler, Preschool 1 Preschool 2, Pre-K, and Before and After Care.
Children of America (COA)
It's a special recipe of people, principles and pride that makes the COA rich in diversity and strength. COA is an organization that understands the value of its people; one that prides itself on support, collaboration and cooperation and one that recognizes and appreciates the strengths that each associate brings. We provide an environment where team members can bring their whole selves to work, and where individuality, creativity and contributions are valued. The COA family is a passionate group of individuals driven by the common idea of delivering the exceptional COA Experience to everyone.
Who Would I Interact with?
This position interacts daily with customers, the management team, and teaching staff just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Develop lesson plans.
- Provide patience with a listening ear
- Communicating appropriately and professionally with parents and fellow staff
- Excellent writing skills to deliver child's progress to parents and other teachers.
- Design an appropriate room arrangement to support the goals and developmental level of the children in the classroom.
- Creativity: Using new and innovative ways to engage children to learn.
- Instructional Skills: Being able to communicate concepts
- Empathetic to children's emotions and parent's needs.
- Participation in staff and training meetings.
- Presenting expectations that are appropriate to the child's age and developmental level.
- Planning and implementing activities that develop self-esteem and social skills.
- Building teamwork.
- Using assessment tools.
- Committed to continuing education.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and all Microsoft products
The COA Lead Teacher will incorporate lessons through song, and provide learning through play. As part of a team you will bring leadership, patience and plenty of hugs.
What are the requirements for this job?
- Must meet Wisconsin state requirements.
- BA or AA in Early Childhood Education or CDA.
- Must have qualifications to reach WI Registry Level 7.
- Two years prior managerial experience in a preschool setting.
- Commitment to professional development.
- Have or willing to obtain SIDS/Shaken Baby, CPR, and First Aid certification.
*Salary dependent on experience and level of education.
THE BENEFITS OUR CAREER PROFESSIONALS ENJOY:
- Internal Company Career Advancement Opportunities.
- Discount Employee Childcare
- Recognition Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision + 401(k)
- Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance Plan Coverage
- Paid Vacation/ Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance/Reimbursement
- T.E.A.C.H Scholarship Partnerships
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Perks at Work: exclusive savings for employees to 1000's of merchants
Children of America is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.