Catholic Health Services of Long Island
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN - Med Surg/ K2
at Catholic Health Services of Long Island
Med Surg/ K2
Full Time, with Weekend and Holiday rotation
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center® is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery. Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards® and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
Responsibilities will include:
· The Clinical Nurse I, II, III, & IV provide direct nursing care to patients guided by the SFH Professional Nursing Practice Model in compliance with policies and procedures
· The clinical nurse directs nursing care by utilizing the nursing process and critical thinking skills while demonstrating a commitment for compassionate and quality patient care
· The CN assumes responsibility and accountability for assigning and delegating patient care appropriately to other members of the Interdisciplinary Health Care Team
· Complete an accredited Nursing Program
· As of February 2010, a Baccalaureate in Nursing is required from an accredited college or university
· Meets annual contact hour requirements as determined by the Professional Development Program
· Currently licensed as a Professional Registered Nurse in NY State
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.