Catholic Health Services of Long Island
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance&Electrical - Plant Operations
at Catholic Health Services of Long Island
High school diploma or equivalent is required
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center® is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI surgery, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards® and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
The Electrician under general supervision is to perform a variety of routine-to-skilled general duties in the repair, alteration and modification of building's electrical equipment and devices.
· Performs a variety of repairs and upgrades on various components of both the normal and emergency electrical distribution systems. Troubleshoots non-medical electrical equipment, i.e., motor controllers, lighting systems and electrical distribution
· Modification of buildings, equipment and facilities.
· May also perform maintenance on various hospital equipment and assist trades personnel in repair and preventive maintenance of Plant Operations' equipment.
· High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
· Ability to interpret blueprints
· Valid New York State Driver's License
· Strong communication skills
· Knowledge of Windows NT and C.A.D. preferred
· Five year's related experience minimum with preference health care environment
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island, your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.