Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Alumni and Parent Relations
at Carthage College
- 14-May-2019 (CST)
- Kenosha, WI, USA
- Full Time Employee
The Director of Alumni and Parent Relations formulates and facilitates an annual strategy to engage alumni, parents, and friends, enabling the College to accomplish its mission and achieve its strategic goals.
Under the direction of the Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement, The Director of Alumni and Parent Relations plays a key role in engaging the College's more than 26,000 alumni and parents across the country. The Director plans and executes programs that bring constituents together through networking, social, and philanthropic events for the benefit of one another, students, and the College.
Description of Essential Duties
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participate as a key member of the Institutional Advancement team, managing alumni events on and off campus including Homecoming, Family Weekends, Reunions, and career networking events.
- Maintain a portfolio of 50 prospects; conducts up to 60 face to face meetings per year for the purpose of securing philanthropic gifts to the College.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the Alumni Council, supporting the Council's initiatives including membership, the maintenance and awarding of scholarships, and the Beacon Awards Ceremony.
- Recruit volunteers for regional alumni clubs across the country and facilitate club events and activities.
- Work closely with Gift Officers to offer programmatic support and key volunteer opportunities for their prospects.
- Oversee the Kiser student internship program, offering guidance and direction for up to four student interns per year.
- Generate content for a monthly e-newsletter and social media engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervises the Alumni Engagement Coordinator
Minimum Qualifications Requirements
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in increasingly responsible positions in event management, community engagement, development, or alumni relations.
- Experience in higher education is preferred.
- Demonstrated success working with key constituents and developing long-term relationships with alumni, parents, faculty, and administrators.
- Effective team building skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel locally and nationally on a regular basis.
- Experience with relational databases, Microsoft Office, email, and the Internet.
- Ability to work in a team environment, show initiative and work independently.
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation, so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time students. Our rich academic experience equips students with foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.