Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Account Manager, Chemical Systems
at Carpenter Co.
Carpenter Co is adding an Account Manager to the Chemical Systems division to maintain and grow business within an assigned customer base in the Mid-West and Canada. The incumbent will collaborate with Peers, Technical teams, Customer Service and Corporate functions to meet organizational objectives. This position requires a highly motivated, self-starter to build and maintain strong relationships with prospective and existing customers in the territory while building profitable business for the Company.
Keys to success are effective time management, excellent interpersonal skills with above-average written and verbal communication, strong knowledge of urethane products, processes and manufacturing operations as well as a strong desire to succeed and the ability to work in a team environment
- Responsible for generating new business by contacting prospects and qualifying accounts
- Develop sales forecast and new account integration plan
- Strategically and operationally develop action plans for development of new business including commercial/technical presentations, coordination of development and qualification projects with technical teams, assisting with coordination of production trials, generating detailed technical report and following up on sample evaluations and action items
- Price, terms and contract negotiation
- Trouble shooting on-site customer processing issues
- Evaluating system performance at the customer level
- Developing relationships at all levels within a Customers organization
- Assisting Carpenter plants / Customer service in managing operational supply issues and commercial details
- Corresponds with customers and colleagues in a professional and timely manner
- Weekly call reports detailing customer activities and relevant market information
- Weekly itineraries and expense reports submitted on time
- Manage travel/expenses/reporting to minimize waste and maximize efficiency
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Marketing or Business Administration or other related major
- 2+ years of experience in technical sales role or experience in the urethane systems industry
- Prior polyurethane experience is required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- This position will occasionally require lifting of up to 50 LBS and long periods of standing. Long periods may be spent inside production facilities. During this time, the person may be subjected to extended periods of loud noise, dust or other exposures associated with manufacturing. Personal Protective Equipment such as safety glasses, hazmat suit, hearing protection and respirator may be required during these periods
- Ability to travel up to 65% within the Mid-West and Canada