Bass Pro Shops/Cabela's
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Bass Pro Shops/Cabela's
This position is responsible for assuring that all firearms entering the store are secured in accordance with established policies and procedures. This position requires the ability to safely handle firearms and adhere to state, federal and company firearm regulations. This position also requires the ability to provide legendary customer service and interact with customers in a polite, friendly manner at all times.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure each firearm that enters a Cabela’s Retail Store is properly qualified, handled and secured in accordance with the established policies and procedures. This includes but is not limited to qualifying the customer’s firearm(s) as well as using the approved bullet trap, Empty Chamber Indicators (ECI’s) and trigger locks to ensure firearms are properly secured. This position is also responsible for communicating to firearm runners the need for a firearm to be escorted in the store. Finally, all firearms must be logged appropriately into the Firearms Inspector Log Book. Loaded and Jammed Firearms must be communicated accordingly to management. .
- Provide legendary customer service by welcoming customers into the retail store in a polite, friendly manner.
- Effectively communicate potential customer service concerns to members of management regarding the safe handling of firearms to ensure the safe environment is maintained.
- Other Duties as Assigned by Management.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0 to 2+ Years’ Experience
- Advanced firearm handling knowledge (preferred)
- Ability to provide legendary customer service and exceed customer’s expectations (required)
- Ability to use good judgment and logic (required)
- Hiring preference is given to those with solid knowledge of firearms and at least six months to one year of related field experience.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family, and employee discounts.
About Bass Pro Shops
Bass Pro Shops is North America’s premier outdoor and conservation company. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri, today the company provides customers with unmatched offerings spanning premier destination retail, outdoor equipment manufacturing, world-class resort destinations and more. In 2017 Bass Pro Shops joined forces with Cabela’s to create a “best-of-the-best” experience with superior products, dynamic locations and outstanding customer service. Bass Pro Shops also operates White River Marine Group, offering an unsurpassed collection of industry-leading boat brands, and Big Cedar Lodge, America’s Premier Wilderness Resort. Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is a national leader in protecting habitat and introducing families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as “one of America’s Best Employers.”