Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Specialist-SPARK Instructor
at Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee
In this position you will tutor K5-3rd grade struggling readers enrolled in the SPARK Early Literacy Program. As a tutor you will conduct 30-minute sessions that teach students foundational literacy skills to improve their reading and social emotional skills to improve their well-being.
- Create individualized lesson plans following the set program format for all assigned students.
- Conduct 30-minute tutoring sessions up to 3x per week in person and/or virtually for each student.
- * Complete all reports and documentation as required, hardcopy and/or electronic.
- May assist in the development of literacy materials to enhance session skill building.
- Establish and maintain a positive rapport with SPARK staff, school staff, and parents.
- Maintain a detailed binder for each student and/or on-line lesson plan folder.
- Schedule virtual tutoring sessions using SPARK platform of choice.
- Monitor and record reading progress adding data to hardcopy and/or on-line reports.
- Provides written documentation of program implementation as requested.
- Follow team-tutoring guidelines during virtual sessions.
- Meet all deadlines for lesson preparation and reporting criteria.
- May help other staff create and engage students in after-school literacy games and activities.
- Provide guidance and direction to SPARK students in the areas of academic success, healthy lifestyles, social emotional learning, civic and community engagement.
- Participates in programs, projects, and special events as time permits.
- Participate in required trainings by the Club, County, State, and /or funder.