Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Specialist
at Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee
Primary position for issuing purchase orders, purchase requisitions and processing vendor invoices for payment in accordance with internal controls for processing. Responsible for obtaining all required backup supporting documents needed to release payments. Provide support for other business office functions in the Finance department.
- Issue purchase requisition and purchase order documents for approved vendors and maintain records for open and partially used balances.
- Match invoices with purchase orders and purchase requisitions.
- Adhere to and assure compliance with all internal control policies and procedures for purchasing and accounts payable processing.
- Review and enter invoices for processing, ensuring compliance with internal control policies and accurate data entry.
- Select invoices for payment based on due dates to assure payments are issued in compliance with vendor terms, taking advantage of discounts when available.
- Assist in maintenance and updating of vendor master file including obtaining W-9 forms and performing excluded parties list searches (EPLS) for federal grant compliance.
- Organize and maintain PO’s, invoices and data files in a manner to support efficient and effective invoice processing and assure receipt of all required documents for timely invoice payment.
- Communicate and follow up with staff to obtain any missing documents needed for prompt invoice payment.
- Investigate all vendor statements indicating any past due amounts and responds to all calls and correspondence from vendors to timely resolve questions while assuring compliance to all internal controls for payment processing.
- File all payments and maintain vendor payment records following the records retention policy.
- Assist with various account reconciliations.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Participate in the annual audit, providing needed backup, schedules, and other documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of 1099's and compliance with 1099 reporting requirements.
- Maintain photocopier and postage machine including processing postage amounts for letters to be mailed.
- Periodically serve as a switchboard attendant/receptionist.
- Order Finance department supplies.
- Must attend required trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.