Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Academic Coordinator - NWC
at Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee
Responsible for delivering academic student support during non-school hours, which is integrated with the day school academic program, with a maximum of 6 hours per week. Collaborate with school staff to align, support, and accomplish both school and Club academic outcomes.
This is a seasonal academic year position, which is typically September through May.
- Serves as liaison between the day school and the Club to ensure a seamless learning day which includes information sharing, alignment between day school and afterschool curriculum, creating professional developments, and integration into the school culture.
- Assists and works with the day school in identifying and recruiting students with academic need through the use of data review and established criteria to participate in selected Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee (BGCGM) and CLC required programming.
- Assists with developing a CLC Program Plan that identifies learning curriculum to be implemented for CLC academic enrichment.
- Collects, analyzes, and evaluates student data on an ongoing basis to determine effectiveness of the strategies and curricula implemented based on the CLC Needs Assessment.
- Meets regularly with the School Support Teacher (SST), and attends Learning Team (LT), Behavior Intervention Team (BIT), and all other required or relevant meetings as a representative of BGCGM, in order to make recommendations regarding academic programming needs and student progress.
- Communicates weekly with the classroom teacher regarding student progress and individual student needs that can be supported through the extended day academic program.
- Reviews weekly attendance reports and makes parental contacts as needed when students are absent from academic components.
- * Gathers and organizes appropriate instructional materials. Provides support with the development and implementation of academic programs for the staff and volunteers.
- Provides oversight of routine assessments and surveys (formal and informal) for students.
- Directs the development, implementation, coordination and monitoring academics that support achievement including program enrollment, program attendance, assessments, program evaluation and progress data.
- Assists with the facilitation of professional development and trainings for the Club staff and volunteers in a variety of areas including academic support, online learning, Common Core Standards, School Improvement Plan objectives, 5-Essentials and other relevant areas of academic focus. Provide modeling, in the classroom, of best practices for the Club staff on an as needed basis.
- Attends required meetings and trainings by Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee, Milwaukee Public Schools, and/or funders.
- Assists with other Academic Coordinator duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.