Batteries Plus Bulbs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Supervisor - 1st Shift
at Batteries Plus Bulbs
- Distribution Center
- Glendale, WI, USA
- Full Time
The Warehouse Supervisor, 1st Shift, supervises the picking, packing, order fulfillment and shipping and receiving of products in our fast-paced warehouse. Located at the Batteries Plus Bulbs national distribution center in Glendale, WI, this facility houses our company's inventory of merchandise for our 700+ retail stores. Working on the production floor with your team, you will provide trustworthy leadership including managing the release of work from our WMS system, delegating daily assignments for your team, leading and mentoring warehouse associates, ensuring products are reliably unloaded and/or shipped, uphold safety standards, and measure metrics to ensure timely, accurate, and efficient warehouse operations.
As the Warehouse Supervisor, 1st Shift, you will have a minimum of two years of supervisory experience within a warehouse environment, a basic understanding of WMS systems, experience with production metrics, and demonstrated people management and leadership skills. We are a growing company and offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, life, dental, and vision insurance benefits, paid time off, 401(k) and match, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, professional development opportunities, and the opportunity to work within a fun, team-oriented, fast-paced environment. Does this sound exciting? If yes, apply today for consideration.
- Oversee shipping and receiving daily functions
- Determine and manage the release of work from the WMS to the floor
- Measure daily, weekly, monthly production and quality metrics
- Provide clear direction to warehouse leads
- Provide ongoing coaching, development and recognition
- Assist management team in maintaining a union-free environment
- Ensure customer orders are effectively and efficiently processed and shipped
- 2+ years of supervisory experience within a warehouse environment
- 3+ years of experience within a warehouse or distribution center with a
- Strong understanding of the shipping, receiving, and warehouse operations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and WMS technology
- Ability to become forklift certified, if applicable
- Associates' Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Business, Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain Distribution or other related field.
- Desired but not required.
- This position requires the employee to regularly stand, walk and use hands to handle or touch; frequently talk, hear and lift up to 50 pounds; and occasionally sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach above shoulders, and use foot to operate a machine to lift more than 100 pounds
A Bit About Us:
Trust is the center of our business. It governs everything we do and makes up the heart of our brand promise, "Today and every day, our neighbors trust us to help repower their lives". Our story began in 1988 with a single location in Green Bay, WI. Today, Batteries Plus Bulbs has over 700 retail store locations across the country. We are the nation's largest growing battery and light bulb franchise. Our stores provide an impressive selection of batteries, light bulbs, fixtures, keys & key fobs, and we offer convenient services like phone and tablet repair. Batteries Plus Bulbs associates are trustworthy, helpful, reliable, resourceful, and passionate. We are powered by a culture of trust, something we have to earn everyday by living up to our values.
Drug screen required for employment. Batteries Plus Bulbs is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Veteran and Drug Free Workplace.