Batteries Plus Bulbs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Quality Technician - 3rd Shift
at Batteries Plus Bulbs
- Distribution Center
- Glendale, WI, USA
- Full Time
Batteries Plus Bulbs is the nation's first, largest and fastest growing battery and light bulb franchise of its kind, offering a comprehensive selection of batteries, light bulbs, related products and services that meet the growing demands of retail consumers and businesses alike. With 700+ locations in 46 states and Puerto Rico, and access to over 45,000 unique battery and light bulb products, Batteries Plus Bulbs has become the single source supplier for all battery and light bulb power needs. Step up your career and join with a proven leader.
If you're seeking a new career opportunity, Batteries Plus Bubls offers a terrific start: a wide variety of experiences, the chance to build knowledge and skills, and the opportunity to take your career where you want it to go. If you're coming to us midcareer you will find terrific opportunities for growth.
Application status and other notifications will be sent via email. Please verify your email address before submitting your application.
Perform a variety of tasks meeting quality and productivity metrics and ensure that warehouse product is accurately picked, packed, and shipped to customers.
Essential duties and responsibilities (cross-training and other duties may be assigned):
- Perform audits at various stages of the warehouse process to identify and correct user and system errors.
- Use electronic scanning device to audit inventory as well as to track movement of product within warehouse.
- Scan and verify accuracy of packages being loaded with order documents to ensure proper item, quantity, and destination.
- Document and report errors.
- Read and understand Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents to ensure proper Inbound and Outbound warehouse process.
- Understand product weights and types to maintain quality and avoid damage and spoilage of products.
- Provide instant feedback to the users to help improve the overall quality standards of the department.
- Report quality numbers to the Supervisor on a daily basis with quality improvement recommendations.
- Follow all safety procedures and rules established in the facility. Wear proper PPE.
- Keep all work areas clean and free of hazards. Notify supervisor of any safety hazards or damaged products.
- Actively participate in all safety and other training programs.
- Ability to multi task, set priorities and meet strict deadlines.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Must have a focus on quality and accuracy and a desire to learn.
- Experience with general quality processes preferred.
- 3 months to 1 year of warehouse experience. Excellent attendance history. Forklift certification is a plus, but not necessary.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and complete paperwork within defined procedures.
- Ability to stay on task and organized with the well-defined duties and tasks. Ability to recognize, read and match alpha-numeric location codes, box markings and product covers.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and work effectively with others. Ability to work autonomously, collaboratively, and in a team environment. Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to obtain information and data that requires professionalism and tact.
- Demonstrate technical aptitude. Able to quickly identify problems, pick up on new processes and technologies without a lot of guidance.
- Ability to calculate simple math and read gauges.
- Some computer skills may be required.
The physical demands required to perform the essential responsibilities of this position are as follows. Reasonable accommodations, if necessary and/or as required by law, will be made available.
- This position requires the employee to regularly stand, walk and use hands to handle or touch; frequently talk, hear and lift up to 50 pounds; and occasionally sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach above shoulders, and use foot to operate a machine to lift more than 100 pounds
- The position also requires the employee to regularly use electronic scanning devices.
- The position requires use of manual and mechanical equipment as needed. Training/certification will be provided as needed.
- While performing the responsibilities of this position, the employee will occasionally be exposed to sheltered weather conditions and unheated/non-air-conditioned spaces, fumes or airborne particles, and the limited risk of electrical shock.
- The level of noise in the working environment is moderate to loud.
- Protective clothing and/or equipment used in this position includes ear protection, eye protection, gloves, and steel-toed shoes
At Batteries plus, you will not only experience a fun-filled work environment, but will be rewarded with outstanding pay and benefits!
Our benefits vary by position, but may include the following:
Training and Development
Drug screen required for employment. Batteries Plus Bulbs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.