Batteries Plus Bulbs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Business Analyst - Information Technology
at Batteries Plus Bulbs
- Information Technology - Application Services (ESB)
- Hartland, WI, USA
- Full Time
The Sr. Business Analyst- Information Technology, is a key member of our IT team, acting as the liaison between IT and internal system users of the enterprise-wide software. In this role, you will assist internal customers - including different business units and departments, with defining and articulating requirements that can then be translated into overall IT project requirements. The Sr. Business Analyst will act as the liaison between the system users and the application software development team to help design and develop applications, such as: enhancements, upgrades, and replacement of functionality for enterprise applications.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum five years of Information Technology or business management experience, advanced Excel skills, experience working in an Agile environment with experience in Scrum and leading Sprint planning, excellent communications skills both verbally and in writing, and the ability to work with cross-functional teams towards mutually beneficial outcomes, a Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology program, and a strong technical proficiency within the Information Technology field.
Batteries Plus Bulbs is the nation's largest growing battery and light bulb franchise. We have grown from a single location in 1988 and today have over 700 retail store locations across the United States and Puerto Rico. Stocking hard-to-find batteries and light bulbs is our specialty. Our stores offer national brands and exceptional value. Our expansive product line, knowledge, and customer service differentiate us from the competition. Today, we also service both retail customers and business customers for their battery and lighting needs as well as offer repair and battery replacement services for cell phones, tablets, and laptops.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Exhibit knowledge and expertise of all existing functionality and future potential of one or more enterprise applications.
- Provide vision of future improvements using technology that enables the business to improve sales and reduce costs.
- Recommend business policy and procedure changes and best practice tactics and strategies for system and operational implementation.
Requirements and Technical Analysis
- Facilitate and document the interactive system requirement sessions to capture business rules, 1 workflow, project goals, and project benefits.
- Write detailed description of user needs and program functions using an appropriate combination of Narrative, Use Cases, Agile, Scrum, translating business requirements to IT functional specifications
- Provide assistance as required to organizations outside of the company (vendors, customers) to develop/improve automation that crosses company boundaries
- Maintain an effective user-support relationship
- Perform integration and regression testing of the additional module / applications developed as needed
- Configure and customize to 3rd party enterprise applications, including workflow, custom reports, and dashboards
Enterprise Application Support
- Support company-wide efforts to utilize the business systems
- Provide ongoing maintenance for enterprise applications
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Development, or related discipline required.
- Minimum 5-7 years of IT or Business Management experience
- Technical proficiency in one or more of the following: .Net technologies, SQL Server, and various reporting platforms.
- Advanced Excel skills; Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including MS Project and MS Visio, or similar software with an ability to adapt learning to incorporate new technology
- Strongly desired experience participating in Scrum meetings by providing Sprint goal and new user stories for Sprint planning
- Strongly desired experience leading Sprint planning
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to independently with general oversight, plan and establish priorities to meet deadlines with good control and results, able to develop and follow-up on plans and meet deadlines in a fast paced, changing environment. The capacity and desire to handle heavy workloads and extra hours when required. Strongly motivated with sense of urgency
- Strong presentation and customer service focus. Responsibility to work autonomously, collaboratively, and in a team environment where sensitive subjects may be discussed requiring tact to avoid friction and obtain cooperation. Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to assess situations using statistical and qualitative analysis and make recommendations and/or decisions to meet business needs
Equal Opportunity Employer Disability/Vet