Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Financial Analyst in Waukesha, WI at The Bartech Group
Job DescriptionJob #: 200019
Compensation (Range): $38/ hour
If you are an experienced Lead Financial Analyst looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Lead Financial Analyst. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Lead Financial Analyst
Your specific duties as a Lead Financial Analyst will include:
- The Lead Analyst for the PSD Division supports a profitable business with annual sales of $1B in decision-enabling processes by providing comprehensive analysis and financial reporting to internal customers across multiple organizational levels.
- Responsibilities include Month End Closing and Balance Sheet reviews and reconciliations, supporting internal and external audits as well as Plant operations.
- This position will operate as a key partner to the PRD and PDRD senior management, Plant Managers and Plant Controllers and needs to establish strong cross functional relationships with support teams within the PRD and PDRD Business.
- The PSD Analyst works collaboratively with marketing, operations and plant controllers supporting audits, account reconciliations, and closing support.
- This role offers: great visibility for a high-potential analyst seeking their next challenge to accelerate learning and professional growth, focusing in on overall division analytics and serving as a key finance business partner to various functions within the division, providing a key development step on a career path towards a future plant controller or other finance leadership role.
- The ideal candidate is a self-motivated critical thinker, highly analytical, process improvement oriented, who demonstrates the drive and people capability to deliver results in fast-paced team environment.
- Complete regular financial processes for the business including preparation and review of balance sheet account reconciliations, month-end closing entries, processing Intracompany AP and AR transactions and resolving B.S. aging issues and more.
- Support other financial processes for the business including purchase recapture tax, freight analysis and accrual, FOB Destination analysis and similar tasks as assigned.
- Assists in development and maintaining Balance Sheet Peer Review and red flag reports and various annual controls such as Segregation of Duties and User Access Reviews.
- Take the lead on several aspects of Intracompany A/P and A/R as well as other risk accounts to ensure minimum aging. Coordinate cost transfer initiatives and coordinate requirements with key players across the organization.
- Support plant controllers in the effective implementation of accounting policies, practices and internal controls, and support them in the event of Audits and 2nd level BSR.
- Review, analyze and evaluate financial data and information for accuracy, consistency, and transparency. Maintain integrity of financial reports. Respond to internal and external audits timely and ensure continued plant compliance with SOX requirements.
- Support/lead process improvement projects. Work in a team environment with other analysts and financial colleagues to streamline and drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation and standardization.
- Assist with cross functional interactions between Sales, Marketing, SCM and Logistics teams in order to ensure an effective process focused on managing Balance Sheet accounts and risks.
- Establish strong relationship with peers across the operations and functional finance teammates.
- Assist in maintaining an atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing department and plant goals
Lead Financial Analyst
As a Lead Financial Analyst, you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or Business Administration from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a finance or accounting function with a solid working knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and pronouncements of external regulatory bodies: Financial Accounting Standards Board, SEC, IRS, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 2 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated ability to manage risks and improve processes and increase efficiencies.
- SAP and Hyperion HFM skills. Intermediate to expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong financial analysis, Balance Sheet account review, and risk control experience.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Solid working knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Working knowledge of pronouncements of external regulatory bodies: Financial Accounting Standards Board, SEC, IRS, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.
- Data-driven, disciplined, objective, and detail-oriented
- Superior analytical thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Sense of urgency: ability to drive to positive results in a complex environment.
- Acts as a business partner; sees the big picture and works through ambiguity and change
- Exhibits managerial courage in defending a position and working under pressure
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer knowledge with MS Office Applications
- Development of sound lines of communication with management
Lead Financial Analyst
As a Lead Financial Analyst with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 41 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Lead Financial Analyst Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience!