Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Summer Creative Copywriter Internship
at Bader Rutter
At Bader Rutter, we love the work we do. That is right. We said love. We are hardcore creative and stage-dive into every project. We care about great work, great stories and experiences. Enough about us. What about you?
If you’re an intern at BR, we want you to be fearless and ready to create and make every idea and opportunity count. You’re great at collaborating with team members and bringing them to life through words, visuals and experiences, and that’s why we know you’ll fit right in with our creative team. You’re excited to work with and learn from the wide range of talented people here at BR, including art directors, copywriters, designers, producers, account management and content strategists.
While our focus is on our clients, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to join in on an array of agency activities. Grab lunch on the Riverwalk, chat with a mentor or just enjoy the view from Schlitz Park. It’s easy to get acclimated here and to find people with similar interests, and it’s even easier to get inspired in our downtown Milwaukee headquarters.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is a self-starter with curiosity and a strong work ethic
- Has a portfolio full of ideas and can’t wait to share
- Thinks visually or with words
- Wants to have the next big idea
- Has a sense of humor and an open and curious mind
- Loves to interact with brands and keep up with trends
- Is curious about how to translate audience needs/wants into powerful smart ads
- Is a full-time student or recent grad studying in a related discipline like creative writing or advertising
- Juniors, seniors or recent grads with previous internship experience preferred
- Involvement and leadership in student marketing or pre-professional organizations is a plus (e.g., AdClub, AdWorkers, BMA, AIGA, etc.)
- Creating and communicating concepts that intrigue and inspire both peers and clients with smart rationale to back them up
- Designing compositions, storyboards, initial graphic concepts and final deliverables OR sharp writing skills and experience developing copy
- Brainstorming and developing campaigns while working with clients on multiple projects
- Collaborating with your team members: creative directors, art directors, copywriters, designers, coders and other equally talented eccentrics to ensure all creative aspects are in perfect synch to make the concepts as powerful, vivid and compelling as possible
In your role you will:
- Learn about agency processes and client relations
- Draft and edit work with professional colleagues
- Assist your assigned team with special projects
- Collaborate on an integrated group intern project
- Develop research and presentation skills
- May 26 to August 7, 2020
- Full-time summer internship, 37.5 hours a week (8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Paid position — $17.50/hour
- School credit can be earned with this internship
- Will need your own housing and transportation to and from the office
- Post-graduate internships considered