Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Office - Entry Level Sales Rep
at Azoosment Park
|Title:||Office - Entry Level Sales Rep|
Santa’s Village Azoosment Park is full of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at SVAP. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Azoosment attitude. Whether you’re serving food, working in an office, maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride, you won’t just be “doing a job.” You’ll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU that kind of person?
Over the years, we’ve created a legacy of delivering unforgettable experiences to our guests. To do so, we needed to create a workplace where our Team Members were effectively working toward a common goal – to become the # 1 Family entertainment destination in the world. Our Sales Representative will use initiative and good judgment, work independently with little supervision, and maintain customer satisfaction.
The Sales Representative at Santa’s Village AZoosment Park is responsible for:
- Enthusiastically sell and promote Santa’s Village AZoosment Park as a premier destination to a variety of groups such as corporate groups, tour and travel professionals, etc.
- Sell pre-approved sponsorship programs as directed.
- Extensive prospect calling.
- Generate new business, while fostering existing accounts.
- Maintain customer database (CRM).
- The ability to attend 2 to 3 networking events per month.
- The ability to attend and set up for trade shows, business development events, off site activations, and youth events to prospects and attract new clients.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Santa’s Village AZoosment Park policies, procedures and training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of a Sales Representative successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Sales experience in a hospitality or entertainment sales environment preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and personal interactive skills required.
- Must be well organized with excellent time management skills and a strong work ethic.
- Must poses demonstrated ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Maintain extensive park knowledge.
- Must demonstrate an outgoing personality.
- Must be available to work occasional weekends and holidays.
- Self-starter with the ability to think creatively.
- Strong people skills to positively interact with customers, employees and guests.
- Computer proficiency in word and excel.
- Prior experience with ACT or other CRM database management software preferred.
- Valid IL Driver’s License.
- Willingness and ability to travel locally when required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs and spreadsheets.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Sales Representative position.
- Regularly (1/3 of the time or more) Sit; talk; use of hands and fingers to grip, pinch, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; repetition-using an input device-a keyboard or mouse-in a steady manner; close vision with or without corrective lens. (Clear vision at 20 inches or less).
- Frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time) Distance vision with or without corrective lens. (Clear vision at 20 feet or more); color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); ability to maintain concentration/focus (e.g., ability to interpret the work environment and make decisions on predetermined operating policies and procedure).
- Occasionally (1/3 of the time or less) Stand; walking for prolonged periods; hearing audible alarms, voice commands with background noise; climb stairs/ladders; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; reach, pull, push with hands and arms above head; reach, pull, push with hands and arms below head; repeating motions more than twice per minute; lifting up to 10 pounds with control; pushing up to 20 pounds with control; peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point).
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of the Sales Representative
- Occasionally (2/3 of the time or less) will require the use of a motorized company vehicle or a leased or personal vehicle for company business; will require a valid Illinois state driver’s license.
- Occasionally (1/3 of the time or less) Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions to include direct sunlight, heat or cold.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of SVAP, click on “Apply”. If not, please check out our Job Board to explore other opportunities within the company. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.